What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egley

dragon thomo

Juniors
Now that the titans have snared Hayne I would try and have another go at signing Egley as they might want to free up a bit of cash.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
As I said on another post they may want to offload Elgey or Taylor. I believe that our recruiting is getting better especially with
Mann, Milne and Sims. I think that we will now only chase quality players as the players in the lower grades are fairly competent and promising.

FlameThrower

Bench
Now that the titans have snared Hayne I would try and have another go at signing Egley as they might want to free up a bit of cash.
Why don't we start talking now....what are we possibly waiting for? The halves and Hooker are critical piece of the spine, yet we've filed that under the too hard basket?

Dragonscales

Juniors
Titans will try to off-load Tyrone Roberts in my opinion.

I'd take Elgey in a heartbeart, I rate him highly.

Would I take Roberts? Yes, if he's cheap.

There's no way they're letting Taylor go.

Egley? come on mate...

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Dreaming.............although maybe Nikorima at the Broncos may be worth another try? Has everybody gone cold on him with his dodgy shoulders?

St Tangles

Bench
I think the Titans will keep all 3 for next year.
They are going to face a big challenge to keep Taylor when he's contract is up at the end of next season.
The Broncos will chase him hard.

Minh

First Grade
They have a handy set of halves in Roberts, Taylor and Elgey.....would be very happy with Elgey

denis preston

First Grade
Titans will try to off-load Tyrone Roberts in my opinion.

I'd take Elgey in a heartbeart, I rate him highly.

Would I take Roberts? Yes, if he's cheap.

There's no way they're letting Taylor go.

Egley? come on mate...
i will ll make a observational call here re Tazylor, Good player but dont you notice that he hasn't stopped growing ? Love to pick him up on his form this year but I have a sneaking suspicion that the extra kilos that come with maturity will diminish his effectiveness. Remember players like Schubert , Lawrence etc ?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Cameron Cullen is the one the Dragons should try & sign. He's only 22 & stuck behind the other 3.

No. I'm sick of going after second rate first graders and club rejects. Elgey is the one we want to go after. He's the better player and would walk into the number 7 for us.

mobels

Juniors
We chased him at the start of the year, however he opted to resign with the Titans on a 2? year extension.

I'd put a massive offer for Taylor in 2018 as there's no way they can match high end offers with the massive amount of upgrades they'll have to make + Haynes 1.2 mil

GC Dragon

Juniors
The Titans have told 15 of there players they are free to leave at seasons end including Zillman, Hoffman, Mead , Douglas and Bird hasn't been signed . They won't let Taylor or Elgey go anywhere . Elgey was asked on radio about leaving and he actually laughed at the idea of joining the Dragons .

They have plenty of 3rd party agreements happening ...Reported today that Hayne will get a extra 300k per season from a flight company plus other TPA's .

Highland Saint

Juniors
The Titans have told 15 of there players they are free to leave at seasons end including Zillman, Hoffman, Mead , Douglas and Bird hasn't been signed . They won't let Taylor or Elgey go anywhere . Elgey was asked on radio about leaving and he actually laughed at the idea of joining the Dragons .

They have plenty of 3rd party agreements happening ...Reported today that Hayne will get a extra 300k per season from a flight company plus other TPA's .

GC about to put in one of those multi million dollar Centres for Excellence aswell

nrlnrl

First Grade
We chased him at the start of the year, however he opted to resign with the Titans on a 2? year extension.

I'd put a massive offer for Taylor in 2018 as there's no way they can match high end offers with the massive amount of upgrades they'll have to make + Haynes 1.2 mil
Only $700,000 - $800,000 of Hayne's deal is included in the cap. The other $400,000 is from marquee player allowance. Any money from that isn't included in the salary cap.

blacksafake

First Grade

I heard somewhere that Zillman & Mead were "close" to signing with the Dragons?Could possibly put up with Mead because of his speed but Zillman would be a waste imo.
As for Elgey i'd like to think he was laughing at the thought of leaving not at joining the Dragons.

McGregor is already rubbing his hands at the thought of Zilman. If they're offloading reserve graders and planks you can bet your life they're in our sites. Proper first graders? Probably not. We're definitely going to be stuck with Hoffman until he bites someone on the arse or starts a fight.

grouch

First Grade
The thread title is funny. Didn't we try to sign a player not long ago and during the meeting our representative got his name wrong repeatedly? Haha. Who was that?

giboz71

First Grade
They won't be letting Elgey go. Along with Taylor, Hayne and Peats, this spine could take them to a comp.

I'd have thrown the kitchen sink at Elgey but seems he's not keen on us. That game where he steered the Titans to a win against us the end of last year was as impressive as any half performance I had seen. Made Benji and Widdop look 2nd rate (although as it turns out, its not that hard).

Seems like Cullen or Roberts will be surplus.

We'll probably end up with Roberts who will turn into another McCrone like signing.