What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Masri Robbed

Risky_6

Juniors
How this bloke keeps getting overlooked is beyond me, they talk about his size yet i have not seen a more consistant winger in the game, when do you hear of El Masri having a bad game?

The best goal kicker we have ever seen to go with it, that alone could be the main difference in deciding a series.

I really feel for this bloke.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Risky_6 said:
How this bloke keeps getting overlooked is beyond me, they talk about his size yet i have not seen a more consistant winger in the game, when do you hear of El Masri having a bad game?

Monday, 14 May 2007.

Timmah

Staff member
If any Bulldog wants to count himself unlucky it should be Reni Maitua. His performance last night was bloody inspirational.

Risky_6

Juniors
He missed 2 goals from the sideline and dropped a ball at head height that wasnt meant for him, wouldnt exactly call that a bad game.

Made up for it by scoring a try and disallowed another after a brilliant run down the sideline, should have been given.

Selectors get too carried away with this whole size thing.

Rocco

Juniors
Risky_6 said:

The best goal kicker we have ever seen to go with it, that alone could be the main difference in deciding a series.

I really feel for this bloke.

he always has a bad game.

hes a crap player but i dont know why he keeps playing first grade.

Hurriflatch

Referee
El Masri is close to 30 now isn't he (maybe even the wrong side of 30) with the likes of Mullen, Gidley, White and Hayne picked it's obvious NSW selectors went for a bit of youth to help in the future.

Mr Saab

Referee
Risky_6 said:
Selectors get too carried away with this whole size thing.

Anthony quinn threw him away like he was Roy Bell at one stage,
Too small for origin.
Others will disagree i am sure, but thats my opinion.
I just hope Keyser Trad (sp?) doesnt come out and say its racial.

Bazal

Post Whore
El Masri is a solid winger, not a very good winger. He's a freak with the boot, but in terms of origin he just doesn't cut it. He's cumbersome and slow, and hasn't got the size, speed or agility to mark up on a Greg Inglis or a Brent Tate.......

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Anthony quinn threw him away like he was Roy Bell at one stage,
Too small for origin.
Others will disagree i am sure, but thats my opinion.
I just hope Keyser Trad (sp?) doesnt come out and say its racial.

i bet he does.....

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
el masri is good, but as many have said i dont think good enough for origin, he would get monstered, origin is a different level, hayne has a cool head on him and i think will be a success for origin, el masri i think will be a waste on the wing, he is to much of a dancer, he doesnt take the ball up hard and strong like hayne does

eelandia

Juniors
Let's put it this way...if he was 70m out and had no-one in front of him, would he be run down...? I'm thinking yes...which is the wrong answer for a winger in Origin.

The last player to get chosen in a NSW Origin team just for his goal kicking would've been Ross Conlon...can't think of any others. Last night he missed some pressure goals which even Steve Folkes has said that in the past this was one of El Masri's shortcomings. His showing against Melbourne would have highlighted this to the selectors, no doubt.

In summary, El Masri is a solid first grader and not an Origin player. Kind of like a Matt Peterson that can kick goals.

Timmah

Staff member
He's great under the high ball except when he's outjumped. i.e. he usually catches it when he's the sole contester of the ball.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Dodger said:
He's great under the high ball except when he's outjumped. i.e. he usually catches it when he's the sole contester of the ball.
well i dont think there is going to be to many times in origin when there is no one contesting the high ball lol

aqua_duck

Coach
I think selectors probably feared if he was against Inglis for example under a high ball he's giving away close to 20cm in height and probably another 10-15cm vertical leap. I think El Masri is a good footballer but selectors went for the better athlete in Hayne

Timmah

Staff member
HAZEM STILL A CHANCE
New South Wales centre Jamie Lyon will plead not guilty to a dangerous throw charged he incurred during Manly's 22-12 win over Parramatta.

Lyon hopes to escape a one-match over the tackle on Parramatta's Eric Grothe, who has indicated he will speak in Lyon's favour at the hearing.

NSW coach Graham Murray said the Blues would wait to see if Lyon was ruled out of the Suncorp Stadium match before discussing a replacement.

However he gave a clear hint that goalkicking Bulldogs winger Hazem El Masri would be the likely pick - with Matt King moving from wing to centre - when he said goal-kicking was a key issue.

"We don't want to give up on Jamie at this stage," said Murray.

"If we have to make a decision over the next couple of days, we will. Goalkicking is really important."

www.bulldogs.com.au

Latest posts