What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elford wants back (?)

Magpies Forever

Juniors
A little piece in the RLW I was reading last night said Elford would like to end his career playing with the WT's again and wants to come home from England. Apparently WT's have not reacted in any way.

Could be a good signing to give some experience and steady hand to the youngsters next year. He is 31 and has at least another good year in him. I suspect he would not be too expensive for us "cash strapped", "at the salary cap" club. Common McDonnell- at least have the courtesy of responding to him.

Anyone know how he has gone in England? Has his health & fitness stood up to things?

brooksy19

Bench
I cannot see this benifitting us in any way. we don't need centres. we need players to get our good (well in attack anyway) centres the ball.

Knowing us we will sign him up to play 2nd row. :lol:

ucantseeme

Juniors
From what I understand we don't have the salary cap room to sign Neville Noboby let alone someone who would be after at least six figures.

We should be chasing Greg Bird if anyone. We need aggression.

ucantseeme

Juniors
If you listed a Wests Tigers team of the decade Hoppa would be in the 17. Him and Pat Richards are the best wingers we've ever had.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
NBQ is playing in the halves in lower grades out Manly way....

Fartowner

Juniors
Elford had an injury during his first couple of months at the Giants, but last season he was a solid and consistant player at right center, the Giants defensive stats have been very good over the last 2 seasons and Elford has certainly played his part.
He finished the season injury free.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
We gave him an extra year on the back of the GF and look how that panned out. No thanks. We have two glaring holes:

1. Halfback
2. Prop

No need for another centre/second-rower.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm,

old - tick
over priced - tick
played at Penrith - tick
well past his best - tick
Has never played in the front row - tick
Would be a worse half than Morris - tick

Looks like we have our marquee signing

macnaz