What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elias

Rise Against

Ay tigers fans.. could any of u tell me what nationality Benny Elias was? My mate says he is maltese but i reckon he was lebanese...

what r ur suggestions?

brook

First Grade
The_MaFeeLi_Tiger said:
ROOSTERMAN said:
HES AUSTRALIAN U HAMMERS
Mate u should be the roosters CEO, you are both arrogant and wrong!

Unless the RLW is wrong, in which it clearly states that he is Lebanese, id be shocked!

He is 100% correct.

Benny Elias is an Australian with Lebanese ancestry.

TontTiger

Juniors
Jus 182 said:
Ay tigers fans.. could any of u tell me what nationality Benny Elias was? My mate says he is maltese but i reckon he was lebanese...

what r ur suggestions?

Yeah he is Lebanese.. Hey when I was studying at Uni - It was Nepean College of Advanced Education in those days - Now Universtiry Of Western Sydney Westmead. Anyway I heard that Benny had attneded there to complete a Marketing Degree. He was apparently in about his 2nd year, studying and training wih Tigers circa 1982 or thereabouts.. Anyway he had an exam but had training commitments so he had a "cousin" sit his exam for him. Problem was - one of the independant scrutineers that collect the papers was a HUGE Tigers fan and couldnt wait to meet Benny. When she was collecting the papers, she noticed a funny looking lebanese handed in Bennys Paper and realised what had happened. Anyway as a result Beny was indefiinately suspended from the Uni... By the time I left around 1986 he hadnt been asked back to complete his Marketing Degree.. Who said Lebanese aren't too bright (LOL)