What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination House - Game Thread

Here is another 10 questions POV challenge. Once again just send me the names, not the pictures.

This one will be on the best sport in the world, Football :)

The person with the most correct by 1:30pm Wednesday (Queensland time) will be declared the winner. If it's a tie, then whoever sent their entry in first will be declared the winner. This of course means that again, Super Victory will be achieved if someone sends in all of the correct answers. You can only send in one entry.

1. Two teams in world football currently play the "tiki-taka" style. Name the player that transferred between these 2 clubs in 2001.

2. Name the Tottenham player from that 90s that celebrated his goals by sliding along the ground on his chest.

3. Il Divin Codino played for the same club as someone with the same surname, however they weren't related. List here both players that are referred to.

4. Didier Deschamps lifted Coupe du Monde. Name the player that would have if he wasn't suspended.

5. A world cup winning player in 1986 has a daughter that is married to a star player from the same country. Name here both players that are referred to.

6. 60 seconds of madness, one guy missed a penalty, the other celebrated a goal by sitting in a dentists chair. Name the 2 players referred to here.

7. Mediterranean city plays host to an epic world cup mistake. The man who would go on to be convicted on kidnapping charges, gifts a goal to a man who would go on to be the oldest scorer of a world cup goal. Name both players referred to here.

8. Name the player who won a league championship in the last season of the English First Division, changed teams in the off season and won the league in the first season of the Premier League.

9. Name the player who this season, is playing champions league football has a father that won a champions league final in the 90s as captain.

10. Name the only non-Australian player to score a goal at the World Cup while being contracted to an A-League club.

Super Victory has been achieved!

Congratulations Hoggmaster, you got all the answers correct and have won the Power of Veto.

You can choose to remove yourself or Dutchy from the block or you can choose not to use it at all.

You need to make your intentions known in this thread by 3:30PM Wednesday.

I will announce answers later on, I'm off to football.

Seejay, Hoggmaster has vetoed one of your nominations and now you must name a replacement nominee.

You can't name yourself (HOH) or Hoggmaster (Veto winner).

Please name your replacement nominee in this thread by 8:30PM Wednesday.

Houseguests, it's time to vote.

Dutchy & Misanthrope, as the 2 nominees, you are ineligible to vote. Seejay, as Head of Household, you will only vote in the event of a tie.

The rest of the houseguests, please PM me with who you wish to eliminate. Either Dutchy or Misanthrope.

Please LU PM me with your vote by 11:59PM Wednesday (Queensland Time).

Misanthrope

Staff member
Vote to eliminate me.

I'm on safari another 24 hours, then in transit for 36, and then too busy being blown by potential ladyboys on the beach in Thailand.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's like roulette. I don't know whether I've been blown by a boy or a girl until I go for the subtle grope.

By a vote of 1-1, we have a tie.

Seejay, it is now your duty to name who you wish to eliminate. Either Misanthrope or Dutchy.

Here is another 10 questions POV challenge. Once again just send me the names, not the pictures.

This one will be on the best sport in the world, Football :)

The person with the most correct by 1:30pm Wednesday (Queensland time) will be declared the winner. If it's a tie, then whoever sent their entry in first will be declared the winner. This of course means that again, Super Victory will be achieved if someone sends in all of the correct answers. You can only send in one entry.

1. Two teams in world football currently play the "tiki-taka" style. Name the player that transferred between these 2 clubs in 2001.

2. Name the Tottenham player from that 90s that celebrated his goals by sliding along the ground on his chest.

3. Il Divin Codino played for the same club as someone with the same surname, however they weren't related. List here both players that are referred to.

4. Didier Deschamps lifted Coupe du Monde. Name the player that would have if he wasn't suspended.

5. A world cup winning player in 1986 has a daughter that is married to a star player from the same country. Name here both players that are referred to.

6. 60 seconds of madness, one guy missed a penalty, the other celebrated a goal by sitting in a dentists chair. Name the 2 players referred to here.

7. Mediterranean city plays host to an epic world cup mistake. The man who would go on to be convicted on kidnapping charges, gifts a goal to a man who would go on to be the oldest scorer of a world cup goal. Name both players referred to here.

8. Name the player who won a league championship in the last season of the English First Division, changed teams in the off season and won the league in the first season of the Premier League.

9. Name the player who this season, is playing champions league football has a father that won a champions league final in the 90s as captain.

10. Name the only non-Australian player to score a goal at the World Cup while being contracted to an A-League club.

I forgot to give answers for this, in case you were interested.

1. (Bayern Munich and FC Barcelona) Patrik Andersson
2. Jurgen Kilnsmann
3. Roberto Baggio & Dino Baggio
4. (1998 World Cup, France wins, captain suspended) Laurent Blanc
5. Diego Maradona & Sergio Aguero
6. (Euro 96 England vs Scotland) Gary McAllister & Paul Gascoigne
7. (1990 world cup 2nd round, Colombia vs Cameroon) Rene Higuta & Roger Milla
8. (Leeds United, Manchester United) Eric Cantona
9. (Danny Blind captained ajax to 95 UCL trophy) Daley Blind
10. Shane Smeltz (contracted to Gold Coast, scored for NZ at 2010 world cup.)

It's September which means the gladiators of the gridiron are throwing and catching a bit of pigskin.

Welcome to this week's HOH challenge, Fantasy NFL.

Here is how it will work:

You will need to select a squad of players from Sunday's games (Monday in Australia) only. I will list the available matches.

You will need to select 2 Quarterbacks, 3 Running Backs, 3 Wide Receivers, 3 Tight Ends and 3 Flex Players (A Flex player can be any Running Back, Wide Receiver or Tight End).

Here is how the points will work:

PASSING
1 pt for every 25 passing yards
4 pts for every Touchdown pass
-2 pts for every intecerception thrown

RUSHING
1 pt for every 10 rushing yards
6 pts for every rushing touchdown

RECEIVING
1 pt for every 10 receiving yards
6 pts for every touchdown reception

Here are the eligible matches:

SUNDAY, SEP 27
Atlanta at Dallas 1:00 p.m.
Indianapolis at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.
Oakland at Cleveland 1:00 p.m.
Cincinnati at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.
Jacksonville at New England 1:00 p.m.
New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 p.m.
Philadelphia at NY Jets 1:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Houston 1:00 p.m.
San Diego at Minnesota 1:00 p.m.
Pittsburgh at St. Louis 1:00 p.m.
San Francisco at Arizona 4:05 p.m.
Buffalo at Miami 4:25 p.m.
Chicago at Seattle 4:25 p.m.
Denver at Detroit 8:30 p.m.

Please format your teamsheet like so:

QB- Ryan Leaf (San Diego)
QB- Jamarcus Russell (Oakland)
RB- Shawn Alexander (Seattle)
RB- Jahvid Best (Detroit)
RB- Peyton Hillis (Cleveland)
WR- Austin Pettis (St Louis)
WR- Arrelious Benn (Chicago)
WR- Troy Williamson (Minnesota
TE- Todd Heap (Baltimore)
TE- Alge Crumpler (Atlanta)
TE- Rob Housler (Arizona)
FL- Julius Jones (Dallas)
FL- Joseph Addai (Indianapolis)
FL- Aaron Hernandez (New England)

TIEBREAKERS
1. Whoever has the most points from the players listed as RB.
2. Whoever has the most points from the players listed as WR.
3. Whoever has the most points from the players listed as TE.
4. Whoever has the most points from the players listed as FL.
5. Whoever sent their entry in first.

The person with the most points at the end of the games will be the new Head of Household.

Please have your entry in by LU PM by Monday 2am (Queensland Time).

This game really has fizzled out, it seems.

Due to auto evict rules...

DB, you are eliminated.

Dutchy, you are eliminated.

Since this is now the final 3, this HOH challenge will serve as the 1st part of the final HOH, the winner of this NFL challenge will move onto part 3.