What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliotts Successor named ?

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Thats another good point Fibs.

To secure the good players, the club has to be able to offer them experiences, knowledge, contacts and skills that players will appreciate.

The club has to have offer that point of difference over competitors.

Professional Rugby League these days is very much a lifestyle type job. Its all-consuming,its tough and unforgiving.

Money is important but so is how you are treated on the ground.

We all recall that ME turned up playing the hard general patton type and that didnt wash with a number of players of influence and my guess is that he now has half the squad he thought he'd have.

Penrith has to become a "cool club" to be at different levels.

Our region is young, vibrant, alive and going through major social changes.

Its a very cool place indeed.
When am i allowed on the Souths forum?
Im sick of the Dragons forum they all hate me.:(

*Sandy*

First Grade
I take it you haven't been on the Manly forum lately?, your not to well liked there either.

;-) Don't tease him, he only can see and have access to the Penrith and St.George sections at the moment. Unless other moderators from other sections are willing to take him on board...

Spot

Juniors
A coach needs to develop a game plan after consultation with players.

I thought this was a team sport where every member of the team has some input.

It seems to me to be the Matty Elliott show. Dropping players after one bad game. Playing players out of position for extended periods of time and obviously implementing a game plan that the players themselves aren't comfortable with.

I reckon we need Murray or Anderson at the club next year if we are to be any chance of making the finals.

You can have Sheens back if you like

The Nature Boy

Juniors
Why..what are they saying about me?

Nothing you haven’t heard before, besides it’s just some disgruntled manly supporter trying to stir up trouble ahead of this weeks clash, their probably still scarred from the 72 -12 thrashing they got from us 4 years ago:D

Dave Q

Coach
When am i allowed on the Souths forum?
Im sick of the Dragons forum they all hate me.:(

I know one of the mods pretty well....I'll try to pull a few strings for you...but no promises and if you are allowed in, then you muck up and make me look bad, I'll be dissapointed.

As a general rule, the Souths forum and fans are fairly pro-panther. I think it comes about because of:

1. Shared experience of rugby league struggle over the last three decades.
2. Sharing of staff like Richo, Lang and Gus Gould.
3. Mutual passion for islander, Kiwi and indigenous players.
4. A huge wad of Rabbitoh fans reside in the Panther player catchment.
5. Respect for the Panthers as a club of integrity, a club that doesnt cheat its way through the game.
6. The mutual loss of young talent to bastard greedy grub-clubs like the rorting filth.

As for Saints, they are a hard forum to crack. They can be very insular, but they are mostly good guys once you get to know them.

They are very excited at the moment, they think they can win the comp!

Be a good lad and do your homework too. You dont want to grow up owning a small business like me and having to employ people etc and taking home 20 cents a year after taxes.

You want a government job son. A job where you can take it easy and kick back for most of the day.

You could be a teacher and like a lot of them do, you can bludge your way through life.

You can get a job at Centrelink and be rude, unhelpful and nasty to poor people. You'd get a real sense of satisfaction kicking some poor single mum with three kids (from 5 blokes) off the dole for being late to an appointment she didnt even know about.

Or you can work at the Tax Office and annoy people who actually work for living.

Lots of good career options ahead of you little buddy...but only if you finish your homework.

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
I know one of the mods pretty well....I'll try to pull a few strings for you...but no promises and if you are allowed in, then you muck up and make me look bad, I'll be dissapointed.

As a general rule, the Souths forum and fans are fairly pro-panther. I think it comes about because of:

1. Shared experience of rugby league struggle over the last three decades.
2. Sharing of staff like Richo, Lang and Gus Gould.
3. Mutual passion for islander, Kiwi and indigenous players.
4. A huge wad of Rabbitoh fans reside in the Panther player catchment.
5. Respect for the Panthers as a club of integrity, a club that doesnt cheat its way through the game.
6. The mutual loss of young talent to bastard greedy grub-clubs like the rorting filth.

As for Saints, they are a hard forum to crack. They can be very insular, but they are mostly good guys once you get to know them.

They are very excited at the moment, they think they can win the comp!

Be a good lad and do your homework too. You dont want to grow up owning a small business like me and having to employ people etc and taking home 20 cents a year after taxes.

You want a government job son. A job where you can take it easy and kick back for most of the day.

You could be a teacher and like a lot of them do, you can bludge your way through life.

You can get a job at Centrelink and be rude, unhelpful and nasty to poor people. You'd get a real sense of satisfaction kicking some poor single mum with three kids (from 5 blokes) off the dole for being late to an appointment she didnt even know about.

Or you can work at the Tax Office and annoy people who actually work for living.

Lots of good career options ahead of you little buddy...but only if you finish your homework.

I want him to get a job with an IT virus protection manufacturer, dveloping viruses that they attach to their products which allow them to keep selling their products.

choc_soldier

Coach
Apparently there was a story of Seven News this evening about Stephen Kearney being approached for the position from 2009 onwards.

Perhaps it's just a rumour for now. Oh how I would love for it to be true.

maple_69

Bench
BWAHAHHAA! They've blocked him from all other forums? Ah guess I shouldn't be too surprised..

Ohh Kearney. I don't think we should believe any rumours until the season is out. Unless they are just cloak and daggering it, they aren't going to act until they've done their season review, so I doubt they're already lining up replacements until they've done that. Then again they are typically wankers so could quite possibly be lying to our faces.

Dave Q

Coach
I want him to get a job with an IT virus protection manufacturer, dveloping viruses that they attach to their products which allow them to keep selling their products.

The Advertising Industry!

I suppose the girls will go for the pony tail and a porsche over a mullett and a ute.

We should start a thread 'Advice for Panther-Boy" where people can give him their pearls of life wisdom.

Like my favourite pick up line: "Hey princess, why dont you go and buy me a drink"

Never fails.

Also local advice, like the best hock-shop in the region and who are the good cops at Blackers LAC

*Sandy*

First Grade
I want that rumour to turn into fact.

The only hiccup I could see is Kearney's involvment with the World Cup. It would delay his appointment.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
The Advertising Industry!

I suppose the girls will go for the pony tail and a porsche over a mullett and a ute.

We should start a thread 'Advice for Panther-Boy" where people can give him their pearls of life wisdom.

Like my favourite pick up line: "Hey princess, why dont you go and buy me a drink"

Never fails.

Also local advice, like the best hock-shop in the region and who are the good cops at Blackers LAC
How about this for a pick up line.
"Can i take your photo and give it to Santa coz your all i want for christmas"
You blokes should be getting advice form me The LOVEMASTER.