What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ellis and Burgess

Red Bear

Referee
Would either/both Gareth Ellis or Sam Burgess make the Australian test side?

Very impressive players these two, Ellis has been one of the best buys of the last couple of years, and Burgess is living up to his hype, and will only get better.

A backrow of
11 - Burgess
12 - Thaiday
13 - Ellis

would be sensational IMO, or even throw Burgess up front with Petero and have Myles/Lewis in the backrow with Thaiday and Ellis.

stormbati

Bench
Burgess maybe, Ellis probably not. England always have quality forwards, it's the backs that are the problem.

Paullyboy

Coach
The Australian backrow is the Queensland backrow. Ellis and Burgess might get a run in the NSW backrow rotation

Watmough and Gallen are the two best backrowers in the world. Maybe one after that.
For all the England bashing that I would love to do, and as much as I love NSW, I cannot agree there. Ellis is a good old fashioned back rower who always gives 100% 365 days a year, and Burgess is a wonderful utility forward. They leave Watmough and particularly Gallen in their wake.

Perth Red

Post Whore
the footwork of both of them just before the line is very very good. I would like to see Ellis get a breather at about 55mins and bring him back on at 65-70min mark rather than play him for 70mins and bring him off for last 10

Burgess has two young brothers who are also quite handy. reckon there is alot of talent in the UK waiting for NRL clubs to make them an offer.

Rovelli

Bench
Big call, but they certainly wouldn't look out of place in there...

Burgess is an x-factor player with great ball-skills, whilst Ellis is a hard-working player who won't let anyone down.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
tbh i don't see how this could be argued? Theyve both been in sensational form and Burgess is a prodigy who will continue to improve...

Eels Dude

Coach
Both would be worthy candidates, Burgess the more likely one. What's the point of this question though????

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL is certainly blessed with some great 2nd rowers this year. Even Flannigan, who came across as a no name, is playing very well and looks a great prospect. Chuck in Watmough, Thaiday, Taylor, Blair, Smith to name but a few.