What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassed by Dishlickers and Rudolf is trash

Chimp

Bench
Oh, and Nicho seems to have adopted Chads kicking game - just gently swing your boot through it, no power, no throwing your weight behind it, just pop it up in the air, anywhere will do, as long as it’s safe and not out on the full….. comes back to him losing his bottle - a few kicks out on the full earlier on the year, the kick dead in origin, and now he’s gun shy.

DJDL

Bench
Blayke Brailey once again showed ZERO craft when we had good ball - just shovel it to McInnes/Hynes/Tricky without a thought for what’s actually occurring in front of him.

That’s another one I’d forgotten about - some time in the second half we had three good hit ups in a row. The last one from, I think, Ramien put us inside their half and had the defense back pedaling and scattered.

There looked to be an opportunity to go left and hit Sifa, or Iro, with plenty of room to move.
Brails decides to go the blind, encounters the only two defenders who are onside, steps left, tries to duck under one of the tacklers and then lobs a pass back to Nicho, where it should have originally gone.

By this time the defence has reset and any chance we had is snuffed out.

The guy seriously has ZERO football nouse.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Agree with all this - they benefited from some VERY kind decisions. ‘Six again’ time and time again late in the count, interference/holding down when we’re already stood at marker, the Toby penalty, the OK block, our lost challenge, their bullshit ‘strip’ challenge that they won…. Awful refereeing.

But….. we were dog shit. Hynes is the biggest mental midget I’ve ever seen. You could see the anguish and nerves on his face before the game even started - he’s cooked mentally.

Blayke Brailey once again showed ZERO craft when we had good ball - just shovel it to McInnes/Hynes/Tricky without a thought for what’s actually occurring in front of him.

I thought right from the start, we were off our game as a whole - the timing just wasn’t there. How many times did the person taking the hit-up have to stop/reach back to catch the ball because there was a timing issue.

absolutely dreadful all round.

When he was interviewed pre game by Lara Pitt, or whoever it was, I thought straight away we can't win this game, this guy is cooked. When she asked about how he was feeling he near choked on his own bullshit.

A favourite term bandied about around the traps is rocks and diamonds. I'm calling Bottles out as an asset or a liability. There is no in between. Should be kept away from the playing field when his head is doing more miles than his legs. He's an emotional cripple

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh, and Nicho seems to have adopted Chads kicking game - just gently swing your boot through it, no power, no throwing your weight behind it, just pop it up in the air, anywhere will do, as long as it’s safe and not out on the full….. comes back to him losing his bottle - a few kicks out on the full earlier on the year, the kick dead in origin, and now he’s gun shy.
He needs Dory as his mindset coach.

Chimp

Bench
When he was interviewed pre game by Lara Pitt, or whoever it was, I thought straight away we can't win this game, this guy is cooked. When she asked about how he was feeling he near choked on his own bullshit.

A favourite term bandies about around the traps is rocks and diamonds. I'm calling Bottles out as an asset or a liability. There is no in between. Should be kept away from the playing field when his head is doing more miles than his legs. He's an emotional cripple
As things stand, and this might sound drastic, I’d have no problem with Fitz dropping/resting Nicho. With a firm message for him to go away, get his body right (if his calves are still an issue), but more importantly, to get his head right. Don’t come back until you’ve got a fire in your belly and the 100% focus on winning for the Sharks. If there’s anything else going on in his head, don’t come back until you’ve forgot about it.

As things stand, and this might sound drastic, I’d have no problem with Fitz dropping/resting Nicho. With a firm message for him to go away, get his body right (if his calves are still an issue), but more importantly, to get his head right. Don’t come back until you’ve got a fire in your belly and the 100% focus on winning for the Sharks. If there’s anything else going on in his head, don’t come back until you’ve forgot about it.
So another "calf injury"???

Chimp

Bench
2 weeks rest then the bye isn’t the worst idea. As long as he has a media/pod cast ban for the remainder of his career. My ears bleed every time he talks
Exactly this…. He needs to narrow his focus on playing well for the Sharks. Piss everything else off, forget about Origin, just focus on enjoying his footy and playing alongside his mates at the Sharks. If he can’t do that, then stay home and have a cry.

So now Nicho can't handle being dropped from Origin

He needs to man up and play, all players get dropped.
The Roosters dropped Angus beginning of season he came back so well.
Giving him a rest is not the answer getting back in the field and doing his job is.
This gives him a hug business is not the way to go, more old school coaching from Fitz is needed

Chimp

Bench
So now Nicho can't handle being dropped from Origin

He needs to man up and play, all players get dropped.
The Roosters dropped Angus beginning of season he came back so well.
Giving him a rest is not the answer getting back in the field and doing his job is.
This gives him a hug business is not the way to go, more old school coaching from Fitz is needed
No, my message is the complete opposite to give him a hug. It’s ’you’re dropped until you toughen up, buttercup’.

fizman

Bench
"I'm looking for a Prop who hits hard, runs hard, 6"4, angry eyes."
"I'm looking for a Half who kicks long, runs straight, 6"3, field goal."

Chimp

Bench
Another thing…. Wonder if there is any chance of us ever having a dummy runner or support runner out of yardage…. We send the Lone Ranger in every single time. It’s boring and predictable, and easily defended. Then, as a result, we get owned on the ground and a slow play the ball.

SadShark

Bench
"I'm looking for a Prop who hits hard, runs hard, 6"4, angry eyes."
"I'm looking for a Half who kicks long, runs straight, 6"3, field goal."
I had to take blokes to the Dolphins v Storm for work entertainment last week. At half time they had a competition, where a numpty pleb, dressed in jeans and runners was nailin’ field goal after field goal from the same position our $1-million dollar boy sprayed it wide.
Either go put on a royal blue jersey to play in or find a recreational activity and leave Dinner Ale to do the work….and take ya farukken useless Podcasting front row imposter mate with ya’.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There is actually a reason for that kick although, I don't agree with it. Would be better used if Nicho played on the right a bit more and used it on the open side.