What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emerging Blues

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
You’d be silly not to think that picking that kid wasn’t a politis carrot and also Freddy making sure he remains in the clique. I laughed when Freddy lost last year to that QLD team.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
You’d be silly not to think that picking that kid wasn’t a politis carrot and also Freddy making sure he remains in the clique. I laughed when Freddy lost last year to that QLD team.
Same.... Freddy ain’t a coaches a-hole. Got schooled by Creepin’ last year Good to see these young blokes get a little recognition though.... even if it’s only Freddys circle jerk.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Speaking of Toby there’s a good article on NRL.com regarding his desire to be a long term Shark.... someone might be able to post it. Get it done Bomber!

bluefox68

Staff member
SHARKS

Rudolf keen to be a long-term Shark after rocky start
Author
Troy WhittakerNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 6 Feb 2021, 06:01 PM
Share on social media
In his first six months at Cronulla, Toby Rudolf "didn't enjoy it at all", but he now wants to remain a Shark as long as possible.

After a rookie season in which he reneged on a deal with the Warriors for family reasons before inking another one-year Cronulla contract, Rudolf now hopes to extend his Sharks stay past 2021.

"I love this club, they gave me my start, they took me on even with my ACL injury as well. I'd love to stay here but if things don't work out, things don't work out," he told NRL.com.

"If that all works out then I'll be absolutely chuffed."

In the beginning, the exuberant, outgoing Rudolf - still yet to play an NRL match - struggled to bond with the group when he arrived from Redcliffe ahead of 2019 nursing a knee injury.

grahamw-200314_gt_23.jpg

Graham: New faces bring fresh perspective

Graham: New faces bring fresh perspective

"That was hard. The first six months here, I didn't enjoy it at all, to be honest," said Rudolf, who missed just one game in 2020.

"I was even speaking to Blayke Brailey about how when I first arrived, it was more the fact that I wasn't training with the boys.

"I was injured, I had the first six months by myself in the gym, I'd do my rehab running and stuff.

"It was tough, but honestly it's not the first time it's happened. It's always going to take some time going to new schools, new clubs.

"It also seems to be the way that people don't know how to take me at first. Then they realise I mean well, I'm just trying to have a laugh, and then everyone sort of comes around eventually."

remote.axd

Analysing the Sharks' 2021 draw

Analysing the Sharks' 2021 draw

A night out at popular Cronulla watering hole Northies after Rudolf returned from his ACL injury for Newtown in the Canterbury Cup competition was the breakthrough moment.

"A few drinks later and we were all friends," Rudolf smiled.

Rudolf backed out of a three-year contract with the Warriors to stay in Sydney and support his grandmother Erika, who is fighting esophageal cancer, and mother Susan, who is legally blind.

He said the situation continues to have "ups and downs".

"At least now I'm here with them. My brother's moved back from Bali as well to help her out and help the family out.

"When he goes back, it'll just be me and Mum here probably by ourselves, and I don't really see that changing anytime soon."

The first six months here, I didn't enjoy it at all

Sharks forward Toby Rudolf
Having earmarked himself as a player of promise, the 25-year-old - who was recently selected in the NSW Emerging Blues squad - isn't about to rest on his laurels.

"I'm definitely not satisfied with where I'm at. I want to be in that starting team – everyone wants to be on the starting team, you don't want to be on the bench," said Rudolf, who has started in eight games.

It's not just on the field that Rudolf is making a go of things; he recently did some modelling work for clothing brand Johnny Bigg.

rudolf-200614_gt_.jpg

Toby Rudolf on the charge in 2020.:copyright:Grant Trouville/NRL Photos
"I was doing some stuff for Lowes. My roommate Liam Knight, who plays at Souths, he was approached by [Johnny Bigg]," Rudolf said.

"Apparently his arse wasn’t big enough, his lower-body wasn't what they were after. They knew that I lived with him, they came to me and I said absolutely. It was a pretty cool day, getting the shoot done, getting my eyebrows, hair sprayed, getting my hair all zhooshed up.

"Cool experience and I'm keen to do some more work."

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Make yourself a great middle young man.

Some over paid will probably try to white ant you, but just keep running and tackling hard, you will be fine.

Let them sook.

DJDL

Bench
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere in here, but two young guys from the Sharks have been selected in the "Future Blues" - Siteni Taukamo and Jordan Samrani.

There is a pic of Samrani in the gallery on the Sharks site showing pre-season training (after Mulitalo and before Moylan). I was wondering who it was when I saw it as he looks an absolute weapon.

I really don't recall either of these names being discussed in here either. All I can seem to find online is that Samrani is a centre and Taukamo a goal-kicking fullback.

Does anyone know anything about them?

To me, it seems throwing these guys in the mix with JT and Lualua is why we didn't go crazy in the market looking for outside backs. Good times ahead, hopefully.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Samrani looks good from the few games I saw last year. Big and fast

Siteni we have big wraps on and signed him long term under Bomber. Mostly played fb but also was at centre and 5/8th a bit.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere in here, but two young guys from the Sharks have been selected in the "Future Blues" - Siteni Taukamo and Jordan Samrani.

There is a pic of Samrani in the gallery on the Sharks site showing pre-season training (after Mulitalo and before Moylan). I was wondering who it was when I saw it as he looks an absolute weapon.

I really don't recall either of these names being discussed in here either. All I can seem to find online is that Samrani is a centre and Taukamo a goal-kicking fullback.

Does anyone know anything about them?

To me, it seems throwing these guys in the mix with JT and Lualua is why we didn't go crazy in the market looking for outside backs. Good times ahead, hopefully.

Wake up! https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/in-other-news.485739/

Samrani is a late call up. He wasn't in the original squad. Think he was called in yesterday

I posted a video of an SG ball game somewhere on here. He went pretty good. Scored 2 tries I think.

carinashark

First Grade
This is the sort of stuff that gives me hope for multiple premierships. Stand out players coming through our system building real depth.

Tiger Shark

Bench
This is the sort of stuff that gives me hope for multiple premierships. Stand out players coming through our system building real depth.

Between Samrani, Dykes, Stonestreet, Lualua and the others might be some tough decisions down the track.

I still wont be suprised if Ronnie goes up to QLD when his contact is up (2023)