What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy Australia Stadium Upgrade and Eastern Grandstand

matt81

Juniors
Can anyone here tell me what Energy Australia Stadium will look like for the Knights first home game of the season against the roosters and will there be a score board because last year there was no score board and will there be a proper video screen as well. I have a season ticket in the eastern grandstand in bay 5 and would like to know what the facilities in the eastern grandstand will be like, if you can buy food and drinks and and will it have toilet facilities. It is about time they got rid of that bloody awful hill . It was an ugly sight and it was embarrassing to show it on tv.

IanG

Coach
it looked like a heap of concrete last time I saw something
before that it was a dirt hill.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Basically the whole eastern side is concrete now..they have put the main steel girders in(where the seats will be placed on) there are supposed to be new toilet and eating facilities as well as a new score board.
I read the other day that Michael Hill said that they are going to open up the ground at 7pm on the Thursday night prior to the Knight's first home game so ticket holders can check-out their new seats and facilities as well as giving the Knight's the opportunity to see how the new lighting works!

IanG

Coach
is that concrete just on the Eastern side or is it at eather end of the ground as well?

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Nope Ian its just on the eastern side..they have taken the seats that used to be in the concourse area and put them where the old wooden seats used to be in the Nothern and southern areas. Those seat used to be(North and Southern seats) first come basics but now are reserved seating. I heard from a friend that the Knight's advised any Football club members that if they were season pass holders they could have reserved seats in those area's(Nothern and Southern) for an extra $20.

astrogirl

First Grade
Simplycheeky said:
Basically the whole eastern side is concrete now..they have put the main steel girders in(where the seats will be placed on) there are supposed to be new toilet and eating facilities as well as a new score board.
I drove past the ground on Saturday afternoon. There are some seats on the eastern stand now, but it still clearly looks unfinished.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Astrogirl that great news about the seats. I really believe that all the major structural work has been completed and its just the asthetic stuff to make it look "pretty" left to do. Which wont take very long...like turf on the sides of the new seating area and that sorta stuff.

antonius

Coach
I drove past, and the work they have done makes that side look huge now. They have started putting seats in. when the roof and top deck are done next year it'll be a really good facility. If The feds would give us the money to do the old grandstand up as well it'd be a first class facility.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
I drove past after work today as well.....They are doing the swirly pattern with red and blue seats. There looks to be about three bays fitted with the seats already.
Its starting to actually look like a fair dinkum sports ground! OMG. :shock: :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
I didn't see any seats last time I drove past... so tomorrow after TAFE I will take the other direction home :lol:
I does look so much bigger now.

Kaz

junior
keeney said:
woah u mean like sandcorp cept in red and blue? thats so cool

Well not quite, unless the stadium is huge.

http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?MenuID=301&TopMenuID=336

Parking:
There is no public parking at Suncorp Stadium so if you’re planning to drive to a Broncos match, pre-book your parking early through Kings Parking to avoid disappointment.

Food and Beverage Outlets:
Suncorp Stadium boasts 24 food and beverage outlets and 37 bar outlets.

The Redevelopment – Facts on Suncorp Stadium

Site Area:
7.12 Hectares. The stadium is built on 85,000m2 and the bus station about 7,000m2.

Stadium Capacity:
The Stadium provides a total seating capacity of 52 500 seats comprising of:
· 99 open corporate boxes
· 73 corporate suites
· 45,132 general public seats
· 229 wheelchair seats
· 229 carers seats
· 312 enhanced amenity seats

Transport:
· 12 bay bus station located at the Milton Road end of the Stadium
· 1.7km of upgraded pedestrian walkways
· 280m of elevated walkways

Patron Facilities:
· 2 ATM machines
· 6 customer service help desks
· 432 television monitors
· 2 video replay screens
· 5 escalators
· 9 lifts
· 54 turnstiles
· 90m of exit gates

Construction:
The Stadium redevelopment utilised the following materials:
· 40,000m3 of concrete
· 17km of pre-cast concrete seating plats
· 1,330 tonnes of main roof steel
· 19km of roof purlins
· 50,000 bricks
· 47km of timber battens
· 10,000m2 of glass
· 10,000m2 of metal cladding
· 11,000m2 of carpet
· 24,000m2 of suspended ceilings
· 15,000 L of paint

suncorp2004.gif

~knights~

Juniors
Simplycheeky said:
I drove past after work today as well.....They are doing the swirly pattern with red and blue seats. There looks to be about three bays fitted with the seats already.
Its starting to actually look like a fair dinkum sports ground! OMG. :shock: :D

I like the swirly patterns,very effective :D

astrogirl

First Grade
I think I will be sitting in that stand for the Round 9 game against the Bulldogs :D

I hope we find some form and team cohesion by then!

astrogirl

First Grade
I guess you have a season ticket bedsy! I don't :( (I live in Sydney and can't make it to all of the home games.)

Last year I tried to get tix in the grandstand for various home games but apparently all but a few had been sold to season ticket holders, so it was almost impossible. My friends got tickets easily this time - I guess it's easier to get tickets on a one-off basis now there are TWO big stands! :D

A part of me will miss the hill though.

astrogirl

First Grade
I just checked - apparently we are in Bay 8, two rows from the front. (My friend wanted something further back but was told there's nothing available.) I will be with my scary Bulldogs fan friends :?

Anyway, I'm told Bay 6 is on the half way line so I guess we're around the 25m line.

Is that anywhere near you bedsy?

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah I'm in bay 7.... I put down that I wanted to be in 6... but I must have been to slow and they all got taken as I got tickets in 7.

Latest posts