What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England 4 nations squad

roughyedspud

Coach
just named

http://www.therfl.co.uk/superleague/news_item.php?id=19219

Backs: R Atkins (Warrington), T Briscoe (Hull), K Brown (Huddersfield), T Clubb (Harlequins), L Cudjoe (Huddersfield), D Goulding (Wigan), R Hall (Leeds), L Robinson (Huddersfield), S Tomkins (Wigan), M Shenton (Castleford), G Widdop (Melbourne).

Forwards: S Burgess (South Sydney), E Crabtree (Huddersfield), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), S Fielden (Wigan), J Graham (St Helens), D Griffin (Huddersfield), B Harrison (Warrington), S Lunt (Huddersfield), A Morley (Warrington, capt), S O’Loughlin (Wigan), J Roby (St Helens), J Tomkins (Wigan), B Westwood (Warrington).

roughyedspud

Coach
my team from that list..

1. widdop
2. briscoe
3. atkins
4. j tomkins
5. hall

6. s tomkins
7. f**k knows...luke robinson should'nt even be on the plane

8. morley
9. roby
10 graham
11. ellis
12. burgess
13. o'loughlin

14. lunt
15. crabtree
16. griffin
17. westwood,harrison or clubb

JasonE

Bench
Out of that squad, i would go

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Tom Briscoe
3. Ryan Atkins
4. Leroy Cudjoe
5. Ryan Hall
6. Kevin Brown
7. Luke Robinson

8. Stuart Fielden
9. Shaun Lunt
10. Adrian Morley
11. Sam Burgess
12. Gareth Ellis
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. James Graham
15. Eorl Crabtree
16. Joel Tomkins
17. James Roby

A couple of things, i would've made O'Loughlin captain and i would've picked Andy Coley in the squad, he's been the best prop all season.

Didgi

What, the best player in the Super League isn't picked?

Oh wait :sarcasm:

:p

JonG

Juniors
my team from that list..

1. widdop
2. briscoe
3. atkins
4. j tomkins
5. hall

6. s tomkins
7. f**k knows...luke robinson should'nt even be on the plane

8. morley
9. roby
10 graham
11. ellis
12. burgess
13. o'loughlin

14. lunt
15. crabtree
16. griffin
17. westwood,harrison or clubb

Luke Robinson has been one of Huddersfield's outstanding players, interchaing between SH and Hooker throughout the season. Just look at his stats - much better than Burrows.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Luke Robinson has been one of Huddersfield's outstanding players, interchaing between SH and Hooker throughout the season. Just look at his stats - much better than Burrows.

Where did Burrow come into this? He hasnt played well since 2008.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
The problem spud is that Eastmond and McGuire would have been in the squad at 7 but since theyre both injured it leaves us very light. Myler is nowhere near good enough IMO and for that reason sightly so isnt on the plane. Im sure though Tomkins can fit in and play well at either 1, 6 or 7 if needed.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
My team would be:

Cudjoe
Goulding
Briscoe
Atkins
Hall
Brown
Tomkins
Morley
Lunt
Graham
Ellis
Burgess
O'Loughlin

Roby
Westwood
Crabtree
Griffin

Evil Homer

Staff member
Some of those selections are baffling. No idea what the RFL were thinking appointing that clown McNamara. Hopefully there aren't many injuries to the first choice 17 because some of the backup players he's taking are nowhere near international class.

1.Tomkins
2.Hall
3.Shenton
4.Atkins
5.Briscoe
6.Brown
7.Robinson
8.Graham
9.Roby
10.Morley
11.Ellis
12.Tomkins
13.O'Loughlin

14.Burgess
15.Crabtree
16.Westwood
17.Lunt

Last edited:

Hudds lad

Juniors
Luke Robinson fully derserves his place aswell as Griff he's been awesome. Not so sure about Crabtree although i think he will put in a big performance when needed, he showed that against St Helens.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I don't feel threatened by this team at all. Forwards have some punch but there isn't anyone there to take advantage of it. Eastmond and Sinfield were the ones who took advantage of the forward pack's work last year, especially Sinfield.

As ECT said, with out Eastmond they're fecked, and without Sinfield they're even more fecked. The loss of Peacock wont help either.

Not taking Gleeson is a mistake, how Clubb gets in the squad ahead of him is baffling.

Sinfield is a big loss, god only knows who will do the goal kicking or kicking in general play for that matter.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Luke Robinson fully derserves his place aswell as Griff he's been awesome. Not so sure about Crabtree although i think he will put in a big performance when needed, he showed that against St Helens.
I would have taken Mason ahead of Griffin. Certainly both ahead of Fielden.

Banana

Juniors
Not taking Gleeson is a mistake, how Clubb gets in the squad ahead of him is baffling.

Sinfield is a big loss, god only knows who will do the goal kicking or kicking in general play for that matter.
I think that Widdop can kick goals. Westwood can too, but I'm not sure that he should be on the pitch.
I would have taken Mason ahead of Griffin. Certainly both ahead of Fielden.
And Lynch ahead of all of them.

NRLMad

Juniors
Gleeson is crap.. The best thing they have done is not slect him and that old codger Senior. He's useless..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats been England's problems is their backs.

Widdop is alright been is inexperienced, will no doubt play a bit more First Grade in 2011.

Their forward pack is pretty good, enough to match the Aussies and Kiwis.

franklin2323

Immortal
we're taking 1 recognised scrum half.......that ain't the cleverest thing to do

Widdop plays 6. Is a GK aswell. maybe tomkins 7. widdop 6.

Crabtree IMO went well last 4 nations maybe he struggles week to week but performs in the big games.

The good thing for you guys is Australia is missing almost a whole team injured.

Last edited: