What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England rep. Breakout year & young guns

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Ironically there’s a thread on the TRL forum asking where all the big athletes are in RL.
They’re not called Huddersfield giants for nothing!!!

I’m split on the ever increasing production of these huge players. Ok if they are freakishly talented like inglis, lomu, folau and Mitchell etc. Id hate to see modern day RL turn into NBA basketball were all players have to be over 6’5 and 18st robots at the expense of smaller greats of yesteryear like Jonathan Davies, Jason Robinson, Des Drummond or even a slight framed Martin offiah.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
No they held the England lads back..not sure if that was the right move. Both games could have possibly been won.
Seen the full match on YouTube and thought that the centre for England simm? Had a good game as did the hooker wingfield and prop Harvard with his offloads.

Incidentally the 2 hookers for Australia are absolute pure class.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Hearing good things about London Broncos fullback/winger Gideon boafo. Apparently he’s a flying machine. Hope he gets some game time this year.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The number of talented youngsters coming through the ranks currently at Leeds is ridiculous. They(Leeds) will dominate the cups again in 2-3 years time.

JFK Files

Juniors
Yes, he did some good and some bad in that game but I believe he only had one training session and knew none of his teammates, its exciting to think him and James Meadows as a future halfback pairing.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yes, he did some good and some bad in that game but I believe he only had one training session and knew none of his teammates, its exciting to think him and James Meadows as a future halfback pairing.
Absolutely. Do you think that meadows will get some game time this season?

Also how do you rate Ogden and hindmarsh??

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Be interesting to see if saints halfback Danny Richardson suffers from 2nd season syndrome after a fantastic breakout year last season.

JFK Files

Juniors
Be interesting to see if saints halfback Danny Richardson suffers from 2nd season syndrome after a fantastic breakout year last season.
I don’t think so, he’s a classy player. Fages got the nod because Richardson had a restricted off season due to the injury which caused him to miss the England Knights tour.