What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England vs Pakistan 1st Test

Master Vippo

Juniors
England having a glorious 1st innings. 186 to Collingwood, 105 to Cook and what looks like about to be century or more to Bell also. Massing up a big total, i guess hoping they dont bat again.

Pakis missing a lot of bit without Akhtar & Naved-al-Hasan.

Hope for their sake their batting can pick up. England looking good once more i hope.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
How many did the Pakis drop?
heaps i know they dropped cook 3 times and collingwood at least once very costly.plus collingwood took an absolute screamer last nite

Utey

Coach
I knew I should have listened to my coach when he said catches win matches.

Iafeta

Referee
The Pakis have been dropping like flies injury wise, and it's continued through to their fielding. Is there a worse fielding unit in World Cricket?

Master Vippo

Juniors
England made 528. Pakis are 3/66. England are sitting prety at te moment.

With the bowlers Pakistan are using, they dont really have the option to drop catches, not enough chances made. They need those 2 big quick men. Is Younis Kahn injured?

willvillain

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
plus collingwood took an absolute screamer last nite

I really like Collingwood as a player. Fairly reliable batsman, who can notch up big scores. Good gap-filler as a bowler, can run through some overs to keep other bowlers fresh etc, and a top-class fielder who regularly takes absolute beauties.

D

Deleted member 10972

Yousef & Inzi are class acts, as is Younis Khan. Middle order of the highest quality.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no arguments, I rate Yousef very highly ever since the firts time I saw him bat

Master Vippo

Juniors
Yousef is an awesome bat. And he has a wonderful record against England recently.

This match could be heading for draw city.

Afridi should be good to see.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd love to see Shahid Afridi take 5-6 overs to get himself in, then go blotto.

The thing with England is nothing to do with their batting, it's their bowling. Without Jones my firm opinion is there little strike power. In the Ashes last year, after you got through Harmison and Hoggard, you had Jones to come on and cause all sorts of problems. He's the glue of their attack.

sanjane

Juniors
vippo19 said:
England made 528. Pakis are 3/66. England are sitting prety at te moment.

With the bowlers Pakistan are using, they dont really have the option to drop catches, not enough chances made. They need those 2 big quick men. Is Younis Kahn injured?

Yes, he is. As are Shoaib Akhtar, Mohd. Asif, Rana Naved, Shoaib Malik and Shabbir Ahmed is still banned.

sanjane

Juniors
Iafeta said:
I'd love to see Shahid Afridi take 5-6 overs to get himself in, then go blotto.

The thing with England is nothing to do with their batting, it's their bowling. Without Jones my firm opinion is there little strike power. In the Ashes last year, after you got through Harmison and Hoggard, you had Jones to come on and cause all sorts of problems. He's the glue of their attack.

and Flintoff makes a difference too...

Mind you, England are without Jones, Flintoff, Tremlett, Anderson and Chappele (sp), who''d probably be alot better than the recent bowlers, atleast in the ODIs (Kabir Ali, Mahmood, Bresnan and co...)

mr_sharks

Juniors
I've been very disappointed with Monty so far this match. He hasn't spun the ball much at all, nor shown the variation to be a top-class, match-winning spinner.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Meh, i wasnt never googoo over Monty. Hes was always going to be just another Left arm finger spinner who holds up an end, but is rarely devastating. There are a lot of them going around-Monty, Giles, Boje,

Master Vippo

Juniors
An England decleration has the Pakis chasing 380 for victory. England showing a bit of fight this morning to score a few quick ones and set a nice total. I dont think they could chase it, but they do have a long batting line-up including Shahid Afridi, so we will have to see.

I hope for a result, especially for England!

mr_sharks

Juniors
f**king Botham, Panesar bowls one good delivery (and some crap too, about 7 or 8 off the over) and all off a sudden he has got the team going. FFS what crap.

Latest posts