What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’d have to ask the people making the decision what their considerations were, and what the alternatives might’ve been.

But based on the announcement, the decision to merge with Canterbury was to increase the number of teams in the older age groups to make viable competitions. Now apparently there’s heaps more kids playing in our district, no doubt inspired by the NRL team’s performances in recent years, and so we have enough teams at each age group to go it alone.

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting listening to the latest TCT podcast. They are usually bang on with the gossip and whilst they mentioned Fletcher, Talagi, Sangalang and Coinakis playing well in the recent rep match, nothing was said of the last 3 moving on. Either they don’t know or that Girrafe merkin was trolling us big time.

JokerEel

Coach
Interesting listening to the latest TCT podcast. They are usually bang on with the gossip and whilst they mentioned Fletcher, Talagi, Sangalang and Coinakis playing well in the recent rep match, nothing was said of the last 3 moving on. Either they don’t know or that Girrafe merkin was trolling us big time.

I guess we will have to wait and see 🤔

It's all very exciting!

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
Seeing some of the TCT members comments, it apparently seems likely Talagi stays now. But as it comes to Coinakis and Sangalang they’re gone. I’m close to some very much in the know

Gronk

Staff member

Parramatta Junior League celebrate the 2024 season​

The Parramatta Junior League last night celebrated the 2024 season with its Presentation Night at the glorious Rosehill Racecourse Grand Pavilion.

With representatives from the Parramatta Eels, Parramatta Leagues Club, Trivett Subaru Sydney, as well as its 24 participating Clubs, the Junior League hosted an evening to honour the standout on and off field performances throughout its recent season.

Lewis Shepperd once again ran the evening as Master of Ceremonies, and Phil ‘Trust Me’ Cass provided entertainment at the halfway point of the night. Following the evening’s formalities, Aussie Anthems treated attendees to a performance of Australian rock covers to close out the night.

The Parramatta Junior League wishes to congratulate each award winner as well as all individuals who contributed to a successful Junior Rugby League season!

Club Awards

Club Championship: Guildford Owls

Emerging Club Championship: Winston Hills Tigers

Junior Incentive Shield: Guildford Owls

Emerging Club Junior Incentive Shield: Winston Hills Tigers

Club of the Year: Hills District Bulls

Secretary of the Year: Clay White – Guildford Owls

Individual Performance Awards

Phillip Carey Memorial Award (Male Player of the Year): Dylan Brettle – Rouse Hill Rhinos

Jan Bryen Award (Female Player of the Year): Waiaria Ellis – All Saints Toongabbie Tigers

Coach of the Year: James Reid - Cabramatta

Referee of the Year: Mr Bailey Clark

Try of the Year: Riley Davis – Hills District Bulls

Try of the Finals: Ayden Nowland-Gadsdon – Greystanes Devils

Club Volunteers of the Year

Each club was asked to nominate their Volunteer of the Year to be recognised at the Presentation Night. Congratulations to the following volunteers and thank you for your dedication this season:

All Saints Toongabbie: Glenn Belford

Austral City Bears: Joe Nasser

Baulkham Hills Brumbies: Deena Hanna

Cabramatta: Charlie Fualalo

Canley Vale Kookas: Truong (Jackie) Nguyen

Canley Heights Dragons: Daniel Faaola

CVD Cobras: Michael Golden

Greystanes Devils: Brendon Onarato

Guildford Owls: Sarah White

Hills District Bulls: Laurie O’Brien

Kellyville Bushrangers: Matthew Medlin

Lalor Park Kookas: Penny Lalor

Marconi Mustangs: Mark Chebat

Maulers United: Rania Fakhri

Merrylands Rams: Haylee Piu

Mounties: Paul Curry

OLQP Bulldogs: Rania Gebran

Parramatta City Titans: Gisell Fahd

Parramatta Junior Eels: Ken Conway

Rouse Hill Rhinos: Loren Buck

Seven Hills Kangaroos: Frank Sultana

Wentworthville United Magpies: Dylan Coom

Winston Hills Hawks: Samantha Primmer

Winston Hills Tigers: Amanda Leabeater

From each of the Club Volunteers of the Year, the Parramatta Junior Rugby League selected the overall volunteer of the year, the winner was:

PJRL Volunteer of the Year: Sarah White – Guildford Owls

The Parramatta Junior League would also like to thank our partners for the 2024 Season:

• Parramatta Leagues Club
  • Trivett Subaru Sydney
  • Omnia Business Solutions
  • Kingsgrove Sports
  • Listed RE
  • Total Fitouts North West Sydney

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Joey Grima doing development work in PNG, wonder if MON reaches out and tries to leverage that relationship. could be a good place to find some talent.

This was the first year they've had organised development squads chosen and they tied with the Aus schoolboys in their recent game, that's absolutely massive for PNG.

It will take time, the work that's been put in now will reap massive rewards. 5 year's time you'll see more players coming across to the NRL and hopefully in 10 year's time they'll be able to support an NRL team, societally is another question. This is where the NRL needs to partially fund pathways programs in areas not supported by NRL clubs.

Stevie

Bench
Also not sure if anyone saw the Lomax article of him in camp saying flat out he has spoken with Ryles 7 or 8 times already and they speak a lot and know each other well and that he will “definitely be playing centre”.

To be honest I’m quite shocked as he is literally playing for Australia as a winger and is in career best form as a winger.

Ryles is much brighter than me but knock me over with a feather if he is centre.

IF he does in fact play centre, then does that open doors for a younger winger coming up or a purchased strike winger?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Also not sure if anyone saw the Lomax article of him in camp saying flat out he has spoken with Ryles 7 or 8 times already and they speak a lot and know each other well and that he will “definitely be playing centre”.

To be honest I’m quite shocked as he is literally playing for Australia as a winger and is in career best form as a winger.

Ryles is much brighter than me but knock me over with a feather if he is centre.

IF he does in fact play centre, then does that open doors for a younger winger coming up or a purchased strike winger?

I think everything he does well on the wing he can do at centre, he just needs to keep the flick pass away. Even Tonga last night were kicking away from him so he wouldn't take kick returns, teams will just kick to the left winger especially if it's still Sivo. What we will gain from him playing centre rather than wing is defence.

If he does play centre I'd say that's why we're after Sione Finau. Big, seems pretty quick and has previous experience under Ryles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think everything he does well on the wing he can do at centre, he just needs to keep the flick pass away. Even Tonga last night were kicking away from him so he wouldn't take kick returns, teams will just kick to the left winger especially if it's still Sivo.
He would still be better placed for the second carry on the other than wing than at centre.
What we will gain from him playing centre rather than wing is defence.
We would lose his defence against the high kick.