What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENGLISH PROPS

Rich

Juniors
JasonE said:
I'd pick 6 props in the Tri Nations squad, they would be Fielden, Morley, Fozzard, Farrell, Coley and Danny Sculthorpe

I would agree with playing Morley and Farrell as props. GB have had a pretty immobile pack of forwards in recent years and it's let us down.

I'd probably start Morley in the second row with him moving to prop. But with the ability of the two of them along with Fielden to play most of the game we wouldn't really need a fourth prop. Which is good as the quality isn't really there.

IMO:

8. Fielden
9. Newton
10. Farrell
11. Morley
12. Ellis
13. Sculthorpe

Charge

Juniors
Its my pack too, and I would have McDonald on the bench - he has been playing better than Baily this season. My other bench prop would be D Sculthorpe.

Rich

Juniors
McDermott
Forshaw
O'Connor
Fielden
Joynt
Farrell

That was our starting pack of forwards in the decdiing Ashes test from 2001. I love it when people try to claim we aren't improving! The 6 names I posted above as my pack for 2004 provide a huge improvement in each position (based on Farrell being a crap 13 in the really big games but has improved massively as a second row or prop).