What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enough is Enough

Kornstar

Coach
Finch didn't cost us the game, i am concerned that Finch has only had one game all year, although i am willing to support him for a few more games.......

benoir91

Juniors
MIGHTY EEL PISS OFF

get over your hatred towards tim smith brett finch played sh*t aswell and tim smith was playing while he was sick so just back off id liek to see finch do better while hes sick he cant even catch the ball wen hes well

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually I'm not even going to bother pinpointing certain areas where we need to improve on, today was a write off before kick off and things got worse from there.

if you choose the same side again next week it wouldn't happen again..

mighty eel

Juniors
benoir91 said:
MIGHTY EEL PISS OFF

get over your hatred towards tim smith brett finch played sh*t aswell and tim smith was playing while he was sick so just back off id liek to see finch do better while hes sick he cant even catch the ball wen hes well

Mate i dont care wat u say ok this is my opinon ok every 1 has there own opinon so u piss off and u probly didnt understand wat i meant... im disappointed with 1 thing and that is why did we sign brett finch if we already had a halfback if Tim Smith was leaving it would have bein different but that wasnt the case... So Yeh that is my opinon

i think it was a bad day doe us today, lets see what next week brings, mind you i was very pissed with what was dished up today....but titans were good and us crook, finch should NOT be our main playmaker, put him to hooker and pj to half with green to 5\8 at worst....

next week , smith and green, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the same side named...minus tahu who i think will be injured and inu to come in.......please not reddy..

Daneel

Bench
parra-all-the-way said:
i finch should NOT be our main playmaker, put him to hooker and pj to half with green to 5\8 at worst....

Why stuff around with pj by moving him from hooker to half. If you don't what finch in the halves (which is probably fair enough) piss him off to reggies.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
mighty eel said:
Brett Finch is a halfback he showed 2day that he can do stuff from nothing and Tim Smith cant do

7.Finch

You are definately not watching the same team as I am.

Finch was awful again and had no flair. The situation only got better when Tim went off because Green went to 5/8.

My team would be:

1. Luke Burt
2. Etu Utalese (sp?)
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Ben Smith
5. Eric Grothe
6. Blake Green
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless
9. PJ Marsh
10. Junior Paolo
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Zeb Taia

14. Matt Keating
15. Feleti Mateo
16. Richard Fa'aoso
17. Ian Hindmarsh/Josh Cordoba

Premier League

1. Michael Lett
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Talima Tautai
4. David Williams
5. Joel Reddy
6. Brett Finch
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Cannings
9. James Storer
10. Aaron Wood
11. Todd Lowrie
12. Ian Hindmarsh/Josh Cordoba
13. Justin Horo

If Ian Hindmarsh is fit and well Cordoba will be the 18th man but would be a late inclusion to Premier League. There are more forwards/bench player to be picked but you get the general idea.

Bigfella

Coach
Phil Gould went mighty quiet in the second half after declaring that Finch to half would save the day.

The problem with claiming finch is a half back is that he lacks core skills: his passing, catching and attacking kicking are not NRL standard.

He inconsistently displays some short passing skills and some hole-running ability.

Nothing shown this year or any other year suggests he is a halfback.

Not much he has shown this year suggests he is up to NRL standard at all.

Yesterday we were back to our worst atacking structure with slow play the balls, no variety from dummy half, and the first receiver was again consistently smashed as he received the ball.

The difference between Smith and Finch is that when Smith gets the ball in crap position, he at least backs his own skill to try to produce something. Finch showed in the second half that under pressure he will hold the ball then pass off to someone on a worse position.

Smith had the bug and poor service and played ineffectually.

Green had no bug and poor service and held his own.

Finch had no bug and poor service and was an unmitigated disaster.

I know who my halves would be next week.

And we need a proper dummy half with PJ to interchange.

Latest posts