What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He is going to spill the bean when least desired. :D

absolutely. His best assest is his support play, when that isn't happening he's borderline useless, he has zero penetration from the back, terrible under the high ball, rarely breaks a tackle, terrible defensively, poor positional play...it just goes on and on. He's now what 28.

Avenger

Immortal
I hear a whisper that we are still trying to offload Grothe. Anyone else hear this ?

Parra Future

Juniors
This reply I am writing now is not on behalf of 3P. It is not on behalf of Grothe Jnr or Grothe Snr or anybody else. It is purely my thoughts. Sorry Parra Pete, I'm putting the 3P hat on the sideline for a minute.

My attitude is that Eric Jnr is a great player. Every body has ups and downs. My belief is that Eric Jnr has a lot to offer to Parramatta and we should do everything in our power to keep him. He is a damn good player and he is a player who actually gives a crap enough to admit if he has had a bad game or a couple of games. He is one guy who is man enough to own up and realise I need to put my hand up and say it wasn't good enough and I am going to work my butt off to fix it. Its a pity that more players within the Eels ranks did not take a good hard look at themselves at certain times of the year. I reckon Guru Jnr is a great talent who is explosive when at his best. Daniel Anderson will decide who is and isn't in first grade and it is up to him who is and isn't performing. I for one really look forward to him being back at his damaging best. I always remember the game against the tigers a fews years back when Eric Jnr basically steamrolled Daniel Fitzhenry like he was a twig. It was awesome. He also scored the try and Parra went on with the game big time.

Again, I am not wearing a 3P hat with these views, they are mine. Personally, you guys should realise how much effort the guy puts in and give him credit for the stances that he took this past year in trying to improve himself. 10 out of 10 from me. Well worth keeping on the books.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Personaly, I'd be devasted if he left the club sitting on 99 games..he deserves to hit tripple figures and join an elite group at the club.

parra pete

Referee
This reply I am writing now is not on behalf of 3P. It is not on behalf of Grothe Jnr or Grothe Snr or anybody else. It is purely my thoughts. Sorry Parra Pete, I'm putting the 3P hat on the sideline for a minute.

My attitude is that Eric Jnr is a great player. Every body has ups and downs. My belief is that Eric Jnr has a lot to offer to Parramatta and we should do everything in our power to keep him. He is a damn good player and he is a player who actually gives a crap enough to admit if he has had a bad game or a couple of games. He is one guy who is man enough to own up and realise I need to put my hand up and say it wasn't good enough and I am going to work my butt off to fix it. Its a pity that more players within the Eels ranks did not take a good hard look at themselves at certain times of the year. I reckon Guru Jnr is a great talent who is explosive when at his best. Daniel Anderson will decide who is and isn't in first grade and it is up to him who is and isn't performing. I for one really look forward to him being back at his damaging best. I always remember the game against the tigers a fews years back when Eric Jnr basically steamrolled Daniel Fitzhenry like he was a twig. It was awesome. He also scored the try and Parra went on with the game big time.

Again, I am not wearing a 3P hat with these views, they are mine. Personally, you guys should realise how much effort the guy puts in and give him credit for the stances that he took this past year in trying to improve himself. 10 out of 10 from me. Well worth keeping on the books.

Good answer.
I asked Brett Kenny at the SOO in Brisbane last year what he thought of Eric G Junior's form..He said that he thought it was partly the coaches fault because he did not have the defensive pattern right on either side of the paddock. Hopefully, now that Bert is back with the Club, he can help Anderson sort out young Guru's problems.
He definitely can score a try. It is just his inability to turn around and chase the kicks put behind him, and his hesitancy in staying on his wing to watch his man is where he gets into trouble. Surely Anderson, if he is worth his glowing reputation as a coach, will be able to fix up his problems...

yy_cheng

Coach
Good answer.
I asked Brett Kenny at the SOO in Brisbane last year what he thought of Eric G Junior's form..He said that he thought it was partly the coaches fault because he did not have the defensive pattern right on either side of the paddock. Hopefully, now that Bert is back with the Club, he can help Anderson sort out young Guru's problems.
He definitely can score a try. It is just his inability to turn around and chase the kicks put behind him, and his hesitancy in staying on his wing to watch his man is where he gets into trouble. Surely Anderson, if he is worth his glowing reputation as a coach, will be able to fix up his problems...

Every players offers their strengths and their weaknesses. Not everyone is complete like say Fittler, etc.

It requires the coach to strategize and tactically build the team to make use of the individual player's strengths and have the rest of the team cover his weaknesses. How many teams hide their halfback or playmaker?

Grothe has alot to offer and someone needs to communicate to him or COACH him that he should stay on his man on the wing and that he shouldn't throw dumb passes. Turn and chase, well TT and T Williams wasn't that much better.

I guess Benny Smith was his best ally and there was no suitable replacement to help poor Eric.

I still feel that our old supercoach just didn't help him enough.

Latest posts