What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Errol Alcott joins South Sydney

mckinks

Juniors
Errol Alcott to Join Rabbitohs

150_1554_0.jpg
Cricket Australia today confirmed that Errol Alcott, who has been the Australian cricket team's head physiotherapist for the past 22 years, will join the South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club (the Rabbitohs) with responsibility for physical performance and the rehabilitation department.
Michael Brown, Cricket Australia's General manager of Cricket Operation, led tributes to Errol: "Errol goes to South Sydney with our best possible wishes. He's been an outstanding servant to Australian cricket for the last 22 years and has assisted countless international cricketers over 10 Ashes series and many other important moments during a period in global cricket when Australia has, for the most part, been top of cricket's tree. Errol's positive impact on the Australian team dressing room over the past two decades has been immense.
"I had a meeting with Errol yesterday and completely understand his desire to take up the job at South Sydney. We're yet to determine whether he has a role to play in the upcoming Ashes series. In the coming weeks and together with our stakeholders we'll be working through the options available to us in terms of the physiotherapist who works with the Australian men's team during the 3 mobile Ashes campaign."
Commenting on the past 22 years and his new role, Errol Alcott said: "I feel very privileged and lucky to have been involved in the careers of so many of this country's cricketing personalities. Part of me is sad that this time with the team is coming to an end but I am looking forward to the new challenges in my professional life. I believe I've left a legacy to the sport and have many fond memories including three victorious assaults on the cricket World Cup, and eight successful Ashes campaigns out of ten from 1986 to 2005."
Errol Alcott is as Steve Waugh described him, “the best in the business”, and he will head up the Rabbitohs' medical and support staff as the Director of Athletic Performance.
Errol started out with the South Sydney Club many years ago before moving to St George and then the Australian Cricket team.
Errol began his work with the Australian cricket team on the 1983-84 tour of West Indies. During his time, Australia has played 243 Test matches with a success rate of 51.44% - the most successful team during this period. Australia participated in 516 ODIs during the same period with the best success rate of all international teams of 64.73% (Statistics courtesy of Ross Dundas).

yobbo84

Coach
Great signing here, this guy is the best in his business.... now for some players!!!!
---------------------------

150_1554_0.jpg

Cricket Australia today confirmed that Errol Alcott, who has been the Australian cricket team's head physiotherapist for the past 22 years, will join the South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club (the Rabbitohs) with responsibility for physical performance and the rehabilitation department.
Michael Brown, Cricket Australia's General manager of Cricket Operation, led tributes to Errol: "Errol goes to South Sydney with our best possible wishes. He's been an outstanding servant to Australian cricket for the last 22 years and has assisted countless international cricketers over 10 Ashes series and many other important moments during a period in global cricket when Australia has, for the most part, been top of cricket's tree. Errol's positive impact on the Australian team dressing room over the past two decades has been immense.
"I had a meeting with Errol yesterday and completely understand his desire to take up the job at South Sydney. We're yet to determine whether he has a role to play in the upcoming Ashes series. In the coming weeks and together with our stakeholders we'll be working through the options available to us in terms of the physiotherapist who works with the Australian men's team during the 3 mobile Ashes campaign."
Commenting on the past 22 years and his new role, Errol Alcott said: "I feel very privileged and lucky to have been involved in the careers of so many of this country's cricketing personalities. Part of me is sad that this time with the team is coming to an end but I am looking forward to the new challenges in my professional life. I believe I've left a legacy to the sport and have many fond memories including three victorious assaults on the cricket World Cup, and eight successful Ashes campaigns out of ten from 1986 to 2005."
Errol Alcott is as Steve Waugh described him, “the best in the business”, and he will head up the Rabbitohs' medical and support staff as the Director of Athletic Performance.
Errol started out with the South Sydney Club many years ago before moving to St George and then the Australian Cricket team.
Errol began his work with the Australian cricket team on the 1983-84 tour of West Indies. During his time, Australia has played 243 Test matches with a success rate of 51.44% - the most successful team during this period. Australia participated in 516 ODIs during the same period with the best success rate of all international teams of 64.73% (Statistics courtesy of Ross Dundas).

Kingytek

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Great signing here, this guy is the best in his business.... now for some players!!!!
---------------------------

http://www.souths.com.au/images/thumbnails/150_1554_0.jpg?ts=1529

Can he score tries and kick goals?

buster bunny

Juniors
Its a great gain by Souths and one which should not be underestimated. If souths continue to make these signngs than surely that is going to make the club more attractive to players.

While he may not be able to score tries or kick goals he will hopefully be able to ensure the players can and with a bit of luck encourage other players to join.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Kingytek said:
Plently if he can score tries and kick goals!
Throw him a jersey, see what he can do, can't hurt!

but that is not what he was signed for

do you think the ACB asked him if he could bat and bowl?

thomo

Juniors
This is fantastic work again by PHaC. Since the privatisation got up we have brought in Taylor, Hughes and now Alcott who are all top of the game in their respective roles. Couple this with the improvements being made to Erko and Redfern Ovals in the next couple of seasons and we are really starting to look good off the field. This will only make South Sydney a more desirable place to come for potential player signings.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Kingytek said:
It was a joke, nevermind, you missed it!
:roll:

Inferno's was a joke. Yours seem to come across as a dig at Souths. imo anyways.

perhaps i was wrong. often am.

Alan Shore

First Grade
PHaC is pretty serious about rehab and improving training facilities. Clearly he's following his word.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Well injuries shouldnt be a problem, they will always have their first 13 on the park. Now they need a competetive first 13....