What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Esi Tonga joins Pirtek Eels

StEely Matt

Juniors
Esi Tonga joins Pirtek Eels

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...ay&id=37005&title=esi-tonga-joins-pirtek-eels

19/05/2011 5:11:22 PM

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have won the race for boom centre Esi Tonga, with the Gold Coast flyer set to join the Club on a two-year deal from 2012.
The explosive 23-year-old centre has joined recent signings Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts in highlighting the Pirtek Eels’ newfound direction under head coach Steve Kearney.
“I was really impressed with the plan the Eels have moving forward and I feel I’ll be able to play my best footy there,” Tonga said today.
“I want to thank the Titans – I’ve been with them since I was a young bloke coming into first grade.
“I’m hoping to take my footy to the next level and I feel like I’ll have the best opportunity to do that at the Eels under Steve Kearney.”
Pirtek Eels coach Steve Kearney said:
“Esi is a dynamic outside back that can add a lot to our squad and we’re looking forward to having him with us next year.
“He’s only young and had a bit of trouble with injuries last year, but has already shown he is a real threat out wide.”
Pirtek Eels Chief Executive Officer Paul Osborne said:
“We’re very happy to have Esi on board from next year, he’s a great young prospect and it’s another step in the right direction for us.”

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm pretty sure it doesn't end there..

very good signing and I thought he was one of the titans best the other night

Parraren

Bench
Between Reni, Roberts & Tonga we will have some serious tatts in our side next year.

I've always thought since Cordoba & Tim Smith left we've been sorely lacking in this department.

eel01s

Bench
TBH I haven't seen him play other than the game against us, so don't know much about him.

Wonder how Willie feels, knowing that had Tate not done his knee he may have been playing alongside his brother.

Coaster

Bench
Really good player, i wish him all the best.

Great defender, and such a young talent, i would have kept him over Champion any day of the week, but i am not in charge.

Congrats Parra, look after the bloke

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really good player, i wish him all the best.

Great defender, and such a young talent, i would have kept him over Champion any day of the week, but i am not in charge.

Congrats Parra, look after the bloke
Cheers Coaster, i still think you will be a force next yr though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
:lol:

Is this twat going to be happy with anyone we sign?

Great signing, Tonga is a very promising player and already better than our entire 2-5.

why should he? it works against his arguement, seriously, if we signed Cameron Smith tomorrow he'd find a flaw with that also...

Stagger eel

Staff member
and another thing, coasters opinion on Esi probably counts for more than anyone else here as he/she has seen him and followed him through his career with the titans.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Morgan, Tonga and Loko, our centres are going to be pretty young but it will be good to watch them develop together