What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL clubs after Australian/ NZ Players - Your Thoughts

Raider_69

Post Whore
footy dosnt last forever
the players look for a quick easy buck to aid their retirement, ESL provides its, fair enough too, plus think about it, when these high profile players head to england and carve up it sparks more intrest in the game over there

gregstar

Referee
it hurts when they're from the club you support but we always uncover new talent - it only weakens their long term strength not ours

RifRaf

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
footy dosnt last forever
the players look for a quick easy buck to aid their retirement, ESL provides its, fair enough too, plus think about it, when these high profile players head to england and carve up it sparks more intrest in the game over there
I didn't know McLinden was near retirement age...

TownMarra

Juniors
I dont Like the idea, even though im a POM. It just doesnt help our up and coming younger players at all, they usually end up moving to another SL club or get shipped out on loan to a NL club. We have a lot of great talented youngster coming through right now, you guys should know, a majority of them played for the England 'A' team last year that nearly beat you guys.
I would like to see more of our younger players move to the NRL, there is no comparison, i watch more NRL than SL, the game is a lot faster, they past the ball more. In Sl they use th forwards more and the game isnt as intense.

We (GB) beat you guys the other week cos we played you at your own game, flinging the ball out more, there is no chance of beating Australia by battering them with our forwards, its just not going to happen, so, we have to pass that ball about more, it won us the game the other week, its just a bloody damn shame its took this long for a GB coach to realise what the problem was!!!

freeridermx

Juniors
we are not really losing great players most are still old in the last few year anyway or not that good. and just a few that are star players. the only big name i can think of are mclinden, devere and lyon not that many the rest are just standard players or below most struggle to make the nrl teams.