What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essendon

Inferno

Coach
If none of the players have been charged, what exactly has the coaching staff done to bring the game into disrepute?

Stinkler

Juniors
There's got to be more to it than just this.

No drug charges, but the game has been brought into disrepute?
How?!? Surely for the coaching and medical staff to be charged there has to be an issue regarding drug use? And that would mean the players took banned substances.

I just read that he anti obesity drug has been given the ok in the report?

WTF IS GOING ON?!?

Dread

Juniors
ASADA's investigation is ongoing.

Essendon players aren't in the clear yet. AFL just wanted to smash the club before the finals began.

Stinkler

Juniors
The quote was something along the lines of
"The investigation is still open, and if any NEW information comes to hand further charges may be laid"

Key word is NEW. Where are they getting NEW info from?!?

Since 73

First Grade
ASADA can't charge players.

The AFL have put it out there they don't hold the players responsible - they were just doing what is expected of them...trust those who were expected to know better.

There will be no new evidence that would change that.

No players will be charged.

Good precedent for us.

adamkungl

Immortal

The AFL have put it out there they don't hold the players responsible - they were just doing what is expected of them...trust those who were expected to know better.

Good precedent for us.

I thought sports under the WADA code were expected to abide by their recommendations for 2 yr suspensions bla bla bla.

Mind you, I brought this up months ago asking why the NRL should give the slightest shit about the WADA code and was shouted down.

If NRL players are found to have been coerced unknowingly into taking illegal substances I would be all for punishing the club and people responsible rather than the players.

Since 73

First Grade

Good precedent for us.
At the same time letting those know - who should've known better - that they will bear the full brunt.

Bad precedent for Flanno.

Card Shark

Immortal

Good precedent for us.

I agree, we don't want any ex-sharks charged as well as our own guys.

If all these guys did was bring the game into disrepute, it's sfa compared to what may have happened. If players didnt take anything banned or not for human use, these 4 guys can't have done anything too bad either, can they?

Card Shark

Immortal
1 thing to remember is the AFL anti drug code is weak compared to the NRLs. They can take substances for up to 3 times before being publically shamed / banned.

Inferno

Coach
At the same time letting those know - who should've known better - that they will bear the full brunt.

Bad precedent for Flanno.

Based purely on media speculation regarding their roles, I would think Flanno's culpability would be significantly lower than Hirds.

I really get the impression he was living those things to someone else, whereas Hird really seemed to be running the show in relation to supplements.

Card Shark

Immortal
Our board think our training staff did nothing wrong so we must be totally in the clear :sarcasm:

Since 73

First Grade
The buck has to stop with the coach of the club.

He hires the staff. He oversees the program.

Well he should be anyway.

If anything illegal went on at a club and he didnt know about it youd want him gone anyaway.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Good precedent for us.

It's not a precedent at all. The cases are different. We have players accused of maintaining contact with Dank and continuing to use stuff.

Latest posts