What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essendon

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Based purely on media speculation regarding their roles, I would think Flanno's culpability would be significantly lower than Hirds.

I really get the impression he was living those things to someone else, whereas Hird really seemed to be running the show in relation to supplements.

So by delegating someone else to administer and oversee the "program" he's going to be OK?

Trouble with that is to delegate you have to know what you are delegating.

He's gone. NRL didn't want him reinstated anyway.

Feej

First Grade
What Frenz? I've bought into the hype and now it's my time to stick my head in the sand and wait for it to all go away.

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...

carcharias

Immortal
I would almost rather a few players getting done for it than the club copping some massive fine.
It could kill us.

Feej

First Grade
Will be interesting what the NRL decide if it comes to the same outcome as Essendon. Do they cripple and possibly kill off the club with a massive fine, and then have to scramble for another team to satisfy the FTA contract? Or, do they do some sort of 'deal' that keeps us in the comp?

shaggs

Coach
Frenz, do you think the nrl will step in when they can and not register the "cronulla 4" and flanno in their respective positions.

I had to be registered and accreditated with the nrl to enter the sheds and the field of play. I imagine that it is the same with coaches. Must be level 3 NRL coach etc.

Simple way would be to not register flanno et al.

shaggs

Coach
I wouldn't be too unhappy with that.

Head coach may be problematic to fill. Don't want a potter, Henry type.

shaggs

Coach
Gal will captain/coach... :sarcasm:

Capsis help us all.

He will also be carrying a drink bottle, strapping tape and blue spray. Plus wearing a headset to tell the bench which players he wants to sub off. Not him of course.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It's not a precedent at all. The cases are different. We have players accused of maintaining contact with Dank and continuing to use stuff.
So do Manly, Roosters, Penrith, parramatta & Tigers.

irrelevant.
Dank has 4 legitmate businesses that I wish the f**k I had shares in. There is nothing wrong with visiting a supplement shop, making purchases of legal substances.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
It's not a precedent at all. The cases are different. We have players accused of maintaining contact with Dank and continuing to use stuff.

Yes it is. Some players who may have only taken illegal substances under the supervision of the club getting off is massive, from a financial point of view.

Those players who maintained contact would be hard pressed to claim that the club had a duty of care to stop them sourcing their own stuff on the side.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
& lose all the players who have clauses in their contract with Flanno not there

There is possibly only one or two. No players that signed while the old board were in control have Flanno clauses. Fergo was the last player, pre Unity, that was allowed to have one.

That only leaves Carney and Ayshford as possibly having one. It's unlikey though.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's good then. He has attracted a lot of very good players whilst at our club, certainly can't fault him for that.

What's his relationship like with Fergo, could he lure him back?

Since 73

First Grade

It is a precedent.
2 rival codes dealing with same issue....obviously all eyes are on the other to see what works and how it is accepted by the media and the public.

Letting those who made the decisions take the bullet whislt the loyal foot soldiers get a warning will be satiable to both public and media.

Whislt the NRL wont be led by AFL actions they will see this is the BEST course of action.

Club will be fined. Bringing game into disrepute. Or bad PR in other words.