What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Et's League or ARL 96?

izzo

Juniors
Which did you love to play?

I loved playing ET's League cause I always won against the PC but i use to get smashed by my mate who goes by the name PC.

I hate ARL 96 cause I can never win

izzo

Juniors
Blunty said:
wat are the controls to ET's? i downloaded it and can't play?

you can configure it in one of the sections i think i havent played it since 1996 so i cant remember

izzo

Juniors
Blunty said:
yea you can configure it but it doesn't tell me what each thing does.

Keys
----

When in menus

Up - Up
Down - Down
Left - Left
Right - Right
Fire - Insert or Space
Ctrl Esc- Exit game to DOS from main menu

Default Player 1 Keys

Up - Q
Down - A
Left - I
Right - O
Fire - Space

Default Player 2 Keys

Up - Up
Down - Down
Left - Left
Right - Right
Fire - Insert

In-game function keys

Show Replay - F10
Save Replay - F9
Pause - Scroll lock
Abandon Match - Ctrl Esc
Radar Move - R
Blimp Toggle - B
Change View - V
Sub Team 1 - 1
Sub Team 2 - 2
Autoruck Team 1 - F1
Autoruck Team 2 - F2

Replay function keys

Video mode on/off - Fire
Forward - Right
Rewind - Left
Slow motion toggle - F8
Blimp toggle - B
Change View - V

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Can't you ever win when you play ARL 96'? It's like the easiest game out to win a game. I haven't play ET's League.

izzo

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Can't you ever win when you play ARL 96'? It's like the easiest game out to win a game. I haven't play ET's League.

I dunno i never win :cry:

izzo

Juniors
travdaddy said:
i downloaded et's league, but it asks me to enter the disk, how do i get around this?

Put in any Floppy Disk and She'll be right cobber

Moffo

Referee
is this a serious question?

ET's rugby league by an absolute mile!

Cheers,
Moffo

Erhan

Juniors
I couldnt stand ARL 96 because of the isometric view they had. The passing and running would change depending on which side of the field you were on which really peeved me off, in ET there was no such problem. You also had a better idea where the gaps were and could do some really neat plays on the blind side. One of my favourite parts of ET would have to be the updatable squads, which is where I though ARL 96 lacked.

nibbs

Bench
ARL 96 had by the far the best crowd graphics of all time. It was also pretty easy.

It provided some great memories over the year or so that I played. None more so than my first ever win over Australia with NZ. I was down 7-0 at half time. I remember scoring early in the second half. It took me ages to work out how to kick, and as per usual I missed the conversion, leaving the scores at 7-4. With one minute left I had the ball in the opponents 20. I spun it out wide and it got to one of my props who was in the clear. I made a diagonal run for the corner and scored. One of those great moments, that I'll cherish in computer gaming...

milchcow

Juniors
pepstar87 said:

What level do people play ARL on when they say its too easy
I play friendlies with 20 minute halves using Oldham against the EA All Stars on simulation and normally get a very difficult game. Although sometimes the computer capitulates easily and I'll win 100-0 or similar, its normally quite close.
ARL 96 is far from perfect but it craps all over ETs

Goleel

Juniors
ARL is the better game by far, its such good fun multiplayer, has far less faults than ET's which can be fun but also very frustrating. ARL does get boring eventually, the AI isn't the brightest and playing with the lower sides is frustratingly difficult since they can't tackle and never run down anyone when a break is made. But ARL is the better game, for mine.

Latest posts