What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Et's League or ARL 96?

izzo

Juniors
Goleel said:
ARL is the better game by far, its such good fun multiplayer, has far less faults than ET's which can be fun but also very frustrating. ARL does get boring eventually, the AI isn't the brightest and playing with the lower sides is frustratingly difficult since they can't tackle and never run down anyone when a break is made. But ARL is the better game, for mine.

i rekon i only play as souths :lol:

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Im trying to play ETs on Windows XP but I thought I saw someone saying you cant. The trouble I am having is that it wont go past the Insert Key disk message. Any help anyone????

izzo

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
Im trying to play ETs on Windows XP but I thought I saw someone saying you cant. The trouble I am having is that it wont go past the Insert Key disk message. Any help anyone????

insert any floppy disk press enter

Moffo

Referee
copy the files onto a disk and then insert that disk

ET was a lot more funny. ARL96 was a button bash-a-thon. I can't believe people are picking it

Gameplay was 1000 times better with ET

Cheers,
Moffo

Goleel

Juniors
ET's should run with any disk, original or not, its not cracked, its just that dumb that it doesn't need the original disk.

ET's does have sentimental value, since I played it back in 1991/92 as a young'un on my Amiga, but really, ARL 96 is a step above. ET's is just bash spacebar in every tackle to offload until you get into a break, and do the same once you get run down. ARL has a bit more variety, but both games aren't exactly brilliant, and are only fun because its rugby league. ARL is a step above because the passing is a lot more fluid, the control is tighter and the presentation is, naturally, far superior (except for the almighty ET's theme song, I love that theme).

Erhan

Juniors
I remember some disks would work and some wouldnt. I never had any trouble when I copied the game onto disk and then tried it though. As far as gameplay goes, ARL does represent the game better but I hate the fact that running diagonal makes you run faster and similarly, running the other diagonal way makes you run slower. Once you understood it you could exploit it as an inside ball running at the proper angle would beat any covering defender 9/10. With ET there were no such flaws, except it was offload happy. You could almost always get an offload away ( I remember it would drive my brother crazy). Another flaw I found in ET was in defense there would be two players that would always be in control, and they would do the exact same thing. These players were usually far apart (around 30m to the left or right of the field) so you wouldnt even notice that it's happening. When one player in control tried tackling, because the other player does the exact same thing, you would sometimes end up taking out a player from the other team which wouldnt be involved in the play at all.

Another trick was when you made a break (only works when playing multi-player), if you keep the fire button pressed your opponent wouldnt be able to change players so you would have to chase him down even if he wasnt the nearest player. The problem was once the fire button is pressed, you cannot change the angle of the player with the ball so you could well run into a defender that wasnt even in control and the AI would automatically tackle him because he's so close.

Anyways, thats my rant for the week !

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
Hey how do i download ARL 96 off the net?

Because i looked in the other thread but that link didn't work, so who knows how to do it?

Please reply ASAP.

Cheers,
addi

izzo

Juniors
Go_ze_doggies said:
Hey how do i download ARL 96 off the net?

Because i looked in the other thread but that link didn't work, so who knows how to do it?

Please reply ASAP.

Cheers,
addi

theres only the sega emulated version online n that dosent work

arl 96 is too big ot put on the web.

stugutz

Juniors
izzo said:
Which did you love to play?

I loved playing ET's League cause I always won against the PC but i use to get smashed by my mate who goes by the name PC.

I hate ARL 96 cause I can never win

I guess you would be used to losing if your a bunny's supporter.

Latest posts