What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even though we won

Lochie

Juniors
I want to still ask this question - HOW CRAP WAS THE BLOODY REF?

Even though we won, he was still piss poor.

jirskyr

Juniors
He has no idea what 10 metres is. Did the same to us vs Manly, and the other time we had him.

gr8_1

Juniors
Robinson kept a good 5m when Canberra were defending.

He also let them lay all over us when we tried to get up.

I give him a 2/10.

innsaneink

Referee
They all are crap......dunno if it was just me but he seemed to let both teams take all day on the tackled player....I think it worked more to the raiders benefit....I didnt like it....return to the old days of slow play the balls....I know it was hot out there today, so maybe he had that as reasoning ....and at least he was consistent with it.

I cant believe these penalties and incosistency for lifting tackles though...the Rabbitohs nearly lose a game becoz of a dodgy penalty against Luke Macdougal in extra time for lifting above the horizontal ( I'd call it a good tackle)....and one even worse today in the Warriors /Manly game where Paleasina was lifted was twice as "dangerous" :lol: , yet it was let go.!!!

innsaneink

Referee
They all are crap......dunno if it was just me but he seemed to let both teams take all day on the tackled player....I think it worked more to the raiders benefit....I didnt like it....return to the old days of slow play the balls....I know it was hot out there today, so maybe he had that as reasoning ....and at least he was consistent with it.

I cant believe these penalties and incosistency for lifting tackles though...the Rabbitohs nearly lose a game becoz of a dodgy penalty against Luke Macdougal in extra time for lifting above the horizontal ( I'd call it a good tackle)....and one even worse today in the Warriors /Manly game where Paleasina was lifted was twice as "dangerous" :lol: , yet it was let go.!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
your joking arnt you?
We got shafted out of atleast 4 penalties by my count thats just on offsides
blokes laying in the tackles i didnt bother counting

all round the ref was shit house but he certainlly didnt favour us

tracietiga

Juniors
I agree with Lochie 100 % .
The ref had no ten metres which is ok if he is not going to penalise either side ,but 3 times he pinged us for inside the 10 . Add to the numerous forwards passes he let go,and the slow play the balls . So all in all we did well today because we were at least a 20 plus better side than the Raiders .

By the way the Roosters halfback told me Friday that the Tigers would be far too strong for the Raiders.

You see last weeks game was not the disgrace some doom and gloomers made it out to be .
Shafted lol.
You were shafted before the game started no halves and a forward pack that is soft in the guts .
Dont start on the 10 metres he could have blown the pea out of his whistle at least a dozen times for both sides .

innsaneink

Referee
tracietiga said:
The ref had no ten metres which is ok if he is not going to penalise either side ,but 3 times he pinged us for inside the 10 . Add to the numerous forwards passes he let go,and the slow play the balls . So all in all we did well today because we were at least a 20 plus better side than the Raiders .

By the way the Roosters halfback told me Friday that the Tigers would be far too strong for the Raiders.

You see last weeks game was not the disgrace some doom and gloomers made it out to be .Shafted lol.
You were shafted before the game started no halves and a forward pack that is soft in the guts .
Dont start on the 10 metres he could have blown the pea out of his whistle at least a dozen times for both sides .
Because we won today...you think that makes last weeks loss somehow better?

Oh yeah and about the 20-25 min mark 1st half Fox showed wide camera angles when the crowd were goin off when Wests had the ball and the raiders were clearly offside 3 tackles out of 4 shown.

innsaneink

Referee
tracietiga said:

You see last weeks game was not the disgrace some doom and gloomers made it out to be .Shafted lol.
Because we won today...you think that makes last weeks loss somehow better?

Oh yeah and about the 20-25 min mark 1st half Fox showed wide camera angles when the crowd were goin off when Wests had the ball and the raiders were clearly offside 3 tackles out of 4 shown.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea but there was a vital time in the game were we were trapped and you blokes would have been at about 67 metres
Disgraceful all round, but what im reading is you blokes think the ref was favouring us, which is utter rubbish

And at full strength our forward pack shits all over yours, take Wiki, Davico, Cross/Waymen and Tongue in and we are a better team
But thats footy, you live with that
you blokes were the better team and got the spoils

magpiemax

Juniors
innsaneink said:

Dont know wether I would call the Macdougall tackle a good tackle.But I do know that the referee in the Wests Tigers game today was absolutely 'F*CKED' to put it mildly.He looked as though he was under pressure.And he may well be after this week's performance when he finds himself in reserves next week.Interestingly enough even the canberra fan sitting behind us,was quite astonished as well. :?

RifRaf

Juniors
I'm going to go against the grain here and say I thought the ref was good.. Not perfect by any means but kept the penaltys down, spoke well to the players, didn't go to the video ref too much (there was a couple of times that the refs we've had recently would have gone upstairs but he backed himself and kept the game flowing). Didn't make any decisions that had you totally losing it to try and comprehend how he came up with the decision he did. It wasn't perfect but I thought he let the game flow and in comparison to some of the other hacks we've had recently I think he did ok. Especially considering it was only his 5th (I think) first grade match.

Tigerpete

Juniors
For 2 weeks now we've had Robinson and he's a sorry looking ref. Seems to miss every second infringement and he does keep a great 5 mtrs. He was bad for both sides just like last week. His failure to even police the game properly must be a worry for the NRL.

innsaneink

Referee
To be able to keep Senter and Woolfords little blue from developing into something major was well handled...those two are well known "good boys"..LOL.

Nice to be able to jump up and down and cheer at the TV at times this arvo instead of wanting to throw a brick thru it as was the case last weekend with the Roosters game......

TigerMo

Juniors
Jason Robinson has ref'd about 8 first grade career games..... about 5 of those games have been with the tigers. Why do we have to get this bloke almost every week?:?

super_coach

First Grade
see my post rotten robinson--I was their-and he had a shocker.In the first 15 minutes when he actually kept the teams apart.We saw some great attacking football from the tigers.but from than,he went back to the five yard rule,he let the green machine slow the play the ball down.The game then became a slog.Its a shame that the lower placed teams get the rookies every week.We need to delevope blokes like robinson,but not at our expense.I think it would be easier for a young ref,to ref a team like brisbane--overall he didnt have a good one--but he is better than HORRIBLE HAYNES

simon says

First Grade
Mmmmmm,Im torn on this one.I must admit,I thought the Raiders layed on us all day and they slowed the play the ball right down.

But I prefer a ref that does not blow his whistle all day,so Im not complaining.The best team won,cant ask for more that.

Cheers.

bonstonker

Juniors
i'm just happy the video ref didn't screw us at the end.
i was certain they would f**k up the double movement call.

i'm bloody thrilled with the refs. :lol:

bonstonker

Juniors
i'm just happy the video ref didn't screw us at the end.
i was certain they would f**k up the double movement call.

i'm bloody thrilled with the refs. :lol: