What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

everybody loves Raymond (Faitala Mariner)

Victoire

Juniors
What a gift from the Dogs this big guy is. Thank you Cameron Ciraldo and Gus!

Popping offloads and standing in tackles swatting defenders away like Duncan Idaho fighting the Sardaukar. Excuse the Dune reference. He seemed dead inside playing for the Bulldogs the last few years but he seems to have had a rebirth, just like the ghola Duncan Idaho. Excuse an even more obscure Dune reference. Plus he seems extremely likeable and popular within the playing group.

10493c2d2393c6882241ee1879aa3214.jpg

jak

Bench
What a gift from the Dogs this big guy is. Thank you Cameron Ciraldo and Gus!

Popping offloads and standing in tackles swatting defenders away like Duncan Idaho fighting the Sardaukar. Excuse the Dune reference. He seemed dead inside playing for the Bulldogs the last few years but he seems to have had a rebirth, just like the ghola Duncan Idaho. Excuse an even more obscure Dune reference. Plus he seems extremely likeable and popular within the playing group.

10493c2d2393c6882241ee1879aa3214.jpg
is there any chance your a dune fan?

TheRev

First Grade
I think RFM has to be in the squad somewhere.. I wouldnt mind him as our 13, or off the bench @13 to replace Eisenhuth.. dunno how Shane wants to play it this week (he could go a few ways).... but if everybody is fit (which wont always be the case), RFM has to be there imo.. along with Su'a and Leilua.

The other thing I like about RFM is hes a cool head, a communicator.. a bit of leadership.. we need things like that in our squad.. we've had absolutely noone (an actual extroverted player who wants to be a captain) to pick since Hornby retired... and we really need a bunch of them...

Parko1310

Juniors
I think RFM has to be in the squad somewhere.. I wouldnt mind him as our 13, or off the bench @13 to replace Eisenhuth.. dunno how Shane wants to play it this week (he could go a few ways).... but if everybody is fit (which wont always be the case), RFM has to be there imo.. along with Su'a and Leilua.

The other thing I like about RFM is hes a cool head, a communicator.. a bit of leadership.. we need things like that in our squad.. we've had absolutely noone (an actual extroverted player who wants to be a captain) to pick since Hornby retired... and we really need a bunch of them...
Like you say, there are a lot of different ways Flano can go. Something tells me at least one of Sele or Lawrie won't play. They both have those niggling type of injuries that will just hang around. If Sele is right to go, I'd pick him. Lawrie, I'd give another week personally, there is no point rushing both back. I'd like to see this lineup:

1. Sloan 2. Lomax 3. Suli 4. Bird 5. Ravalawa 6. Flanagan 7. Hunt 8. F Molo 9. Liddle 10. De Belin 11. RFM 12. Su'a 13. Eisenhuth 14. Muhleisen 15. Sele 16. Fifita 17. Leilua

Belta

Juniors
And just like that, predictable and boring to dangerous and flamboyant.

Im loving the defence and cheering about the attack.

Loved watching Raymond throwing the last pass for tries for Sloan two games in a row. The whole team feeding off each other, hoping for more of this.

Luc will only add to this. The variety of try’s is encouraging. Flanno kicked for Hunt to score, Flanno dummied and went on his own, hunt kick for himself, Rav and Suli crashing over, Liddle dangerous, Bird a handful, Sloan popping up everywhere, anything in the air is a risk with the acrobatic Lomax.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
In all fairness it just goes to show the type of guy RFM is. He didnt bag the Dogs or Gus in any way when he was leaving. That at least shows some class regardless of what may have been said behind closed doors. If he stays fit he could be the buy of the season.
Yes RFM's class was evident when he signed with us...
But had a chuckle when l watched some of the Parra/Dogs game and realised that the Dogs are desperate for a big body and leader for their pack... AND they are probably contributing to RFM's salary for at least this season with us.... how good eh?

Sage63

Juniors