What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone's opinion on a 100% Knights...

Where abouts would they finish ?

• Total voters

Jono078

Referee
1. Seage
2. Cooper
3. Gidley
4. Hughes
5. Hall/Quinn
6. Gidley
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Smith
11. Simpson
12. Abraham
13. Reynoldson

14. Newton
15. Lowrie
16. Woolnough
17. Tolar

How does everyone think that team would go if it was like that for even 60-80% of the season ?

Top 4 means 3rd and 4th, Top 8 means 5th to 8th.

please share your opinions.

scottyeel

Bench
I'll say 9-12th because i dont think your forward pack is that good and your back 3 has little experience.

Oh man.....this is a dumb poll.

Newcastle keep signing injury prone players and guys that are below reserve grade level. So it doesnt matter how they would go in a magical world where there were no injuries!

Jono078

Referee
Sorry if its a dumb poll, but I know most people think we would get the spoon atm, but I was wondering how everyone thinks we would go with our squad 100%.

Johns Magic said:
In front of Penrith of course.

Wow...I cant beat that. :rolleyes:

Maybe if your club could stay off the p*ss for a few minutes...they'd actually have the barin cells left to buy some players....you know...that can play the game without falling over and dying! :lol:

jono078 said:
Please dont argue/debate too much, I didnt want to stir nothing, just wanted everyone's opinion.

Im sorry, but he opened the door....anyone that knows nospam49™ knows that if you want to open the door with me I'll slam it back in your face....hard......because Im the King. :cool:

Johns Magic

Referee
they'd actually have the barin cells

Which obviously you lack:lol:

Caml down by the way. It was just a joke mate. I was just interested to see how you'd react if someone paid out your club, as you always do us.

ngunity

Juniors
Look the Knights staying healthy all year is a pipe-dream, the club needs more depth in the forwards even when healthy.

A healthy Johns can certainly take any club off the bottom though, I voted that they'd be in the top 8, but I reckon they'd only just creep in with their piss-weak forwards

Kiwi

First Grade
9th - 12th.

Seriously lacking in the forwards, no real go forward if Perry and Smith are the best. Good second row, but nothing worth while on the bench.

As for the backs, the halves are the only part I wouldn't laugh at.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
/wooden spoon is what you get if you have a one-man-team. Johns is the only decent player newcastle have. Buderes isnt that great, everyone just loves him for some reason. Without Johns, they cant win a spoon race, let alone a footy game. History has shown they are pathetic without joey, and its proven time after time.
Its just a pity that there one player is als a has been that is extremely injury prone. But the knights waste 1/2 their salary cap on them, so they can only afford sh*t younger players. Thus their club has r**ted them over in their buying, and their 'we love joey' campaign.

The sooner they sell joey, and buy 4 decent players for his price, the sooner we will see newcastle back to being good again. Until them, one-man-spooners they will be

weasel

First Grade
Bottom 3, for sure. The backline is very weak, probably has less class than even Souths'. Most of the forwardpack have had a reputation at some point in their career, but over the last year or two have been shown up to be soft. As for the bench, haven't seen much of Tolar, but Lowrie and Newton are nothing special. Woolnough is ok. Any team would take Buderus, and most would probably take a risk on Johns, as well. Pretty much all the other players would struggle to get a first grade start in any but the weakest teams in the comp. If I could take as many players as I wanted from that side and add them to a full-strength dragons 17, I'd take Buderus, and maybe one of the backrowers, probably Simpson. No one else.

Foz

Bench
Borderline 8.
I voted 9-12.
Kennedy is a loss (I know he missed a few games for them last year) but you cant replace him.
Matt Gidley's form is a light of other days and they miss Robbie O.
Despite the injuries they are in a re-building phase.
The injuries will actually benefit them next year as you cant buy the experience some of their side is getting.

Johns Magic

Referee
Foz said:
Borderline 8.
I voted 9-12.
Kennedy is a loss (I know he missed a few games for them last year) but you cant replace him.
Matt Gidley's form is a light of other days and they miss Robbie O.
Despite the injuries they are in a re-building phase.
The injuries will actually benefit them next year as you cant buy the experience some of their side is getting.

You see that's where you're wrong.

Younger, fringe first-graders are getting a run in first-grade due to injuries, and hence their value has shot up. It's happened with the likes of Kidley, Carmont and Hall in recent years, and will continue to happen this year, As a result, we have less space under the salary cap to move with.

Latest posts