What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Warrior watch 2021

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Jesse Arthars gets the first try for Brisbane

what happened with him, was he another one with no interest in moving to Auckland? No wonder the last couple of years were so grim, seems we had a whole bunch of guys with no commitment to the club. It’s another reason I really hope Curran finds fork in the new system because he unquestionably has shown that commitment.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jesse Arthars gets the first try for Brisbane

what happened with him, was he another one with no interest in moving to Auckland? No wonder the last couple of years were so grim, seems we had a whole bunch of guys with no commitment to the club. It’s another reason I really hope Curran finds fork in the new system because he unquestionably has shown that commitment.
He was always contracted to the Broncos but loaned to the Warriors wasn’t he ?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just watched the first match fit

Some of the lads still in sensational condition, Rauhihi and Faumuina leading the way, but Jerry, Ali and Lauaki all tipping in at over 144kg. Fa’afili in the 120s and really struggling. Will be an interesting watch

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Some of the lads still in sensational condition, Rauhihi and Faumuina leading the way, but Jerry, Ali and Lauaki all tipping in at over 144kg. Fa’afili in the 120s and really struggling. Will be an interesting watch

Lauaki was still playing for Glenora recently so that's a bit of a worry. He was probably an easy 120kg+ then though.

Guys like Rauhihi confuse me - he played out a whole career as a professional athlete as sort of a chubby guy, then gets absolutely shredded (not sure if he is now, but he was a few years ago) AFTER his sports career? I understand that keeping a bit of weight on makes sense for a prop, but I wouldn't have said he was in peak physical condition when playing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lauaki was still playing for Glenora recently so that's a bit of a worry. He was probably an easy 120kg+ then though.

Guys like Rauhihi confuse me - he played out a whole career as a professional athlete as sort of a chubby guy, then gets absolutely shredded (not sure if he is now, but he was a few years ago) AFTER his sports career? I understand that keeping a bit of weight on makes sense for a prop, but I wouldn't have said he was in peak physical condition when playing.
Yeah they did a test on him and his metabolic age was in the 30s I think and he is 49 now

George Rose certainly hasn’t gone down that path haha

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Fa'afili is strugging? That intrigues me. I'm sure he was a PT in Tauranga, involved in boxing coaching etc. I also saw him in person about six months ago, and um...he was big, and not in a natural way (and neither did his mates look so).

Definitely keen to watch Match Fit.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Fa'afili is strugging? That intrigues me. I'm sure he was a PT in Tauranga, involved in boxing coaching etc. I also saw him in person about six months ago, and um...he was big, and not in a natural way (and neither did his mates look so).

Definitely keen to watch Match Fit.

had 2 hip replacements, hadn’t run for 5 years, and he could barely get through the bronco. Sent for a heart check and they found an issue with his ticker

TheDMC

Bench
Toa Sipley was a machine last night as an impact player - I think his first NRL game of the season.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

From memory Rauhihi is ex-navy and debuted relatively late in the NRL- probably instilled personal discipline habits that were separate from football in him, so when he hung up the boots he didn’t pile on the kegs the way many do.
in general it really shows how important diet and exercise is for Polynesians in particular- it’s scary how easy Māori and poly guys can balloon put and basically knock 20 years off their life expectancy.