What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclusive NRL radio broadcaster to call some games off tv monitor

Um, does everyone realise this is just rumour? People are reacting as if they've been told it's a fact.

I reckon it'd be best to get an actual response out of 2GB rather than jump to stupid conclusions...

according to one poster in the thread , hadley this morning told his radio audience they would be calling the dragons/storm game off the TV.

its not fact , but i see no reason why someone would make it up.

Red Bear

Referee
Why would you listen to this sh*t anyway? Rubbish commentary, the commercials are enough to put me off

ABC ftw

gong_eagle

First Grade
Hadley just confirmed it that they will call the game tonight from the studio on a bank of monitors, and the same with tomorrows Warriors v Eels game as well

Mr Saab

Referee
2GB are now what...a strictly sydney station who do not travel to NZ / QLD / Melb?
The global financial crisis must really be cutting 2GB if they cant travel

gong_eagle

First Grade
2GB are now what...a strictly sydney station who do not travel to NZ / QLD / Melb?
The global financial crisis must really be cutting 2GB if they cant travel

soon Canberra, Newcastle & Wollongong will be too far as well,Frank Hyde will be turning in his grave

franklin2323

Immortal
People Channel 9 does it for NZ games all the time. Roosters v Warriors final was done that way last season. If they have access to the microphone etc. ABC did it twice last year aswell. It's not a new thing

Brutus

Referee
I thought Singo was chest-beating about how profits were great recently.

This is the number one rating station in Sydney ffs.

It would be better for all of us if they just did away with RL altogether and handed around the rights to stations that actually give a sh*t.

Crippler

Juniors
so if ur at say at a brisbane game and listening to the radio while you are at the ground will that mean u hear the commentary on a 2 sec delay due to the Digital TV process.

Like atm if u are watching a game on fox and listening to the game on radio u would hear what happens before u see it.

I remember RAY made a big deal about it when ppl kept on ringing up and wondering why they dont delay the radio to link with the TV coverage and his excuse was for ppl listening at the ground would hear the game on a delay.

I assume the above will happen from now on. NIce work Ray you just lost ur Ground Audience

kbw

Bench
Apparently it has alot to do with the delay between the "live" action and the TV coverage.
Seems more people listen to the football on 2GB when watching it on TV than listen to 2GB and watch it at the ground.

Doesn't matter much to me, except it gives me the oportunity to watch Ch9 RL without having to listen to the idiots on Ch9

IanG

Coach
so if ur at say at a brisbane game and listening to the radio while you are at the ground will that mean u hear the commentary on a 2 sec delay due to the Digital TV process.

Yeah cuz I watch the footy on Digital TV and the radio commentary is always a few seconds ahead of the pictures. Personally I find it annoying.

shaggy

Juniors
People Channel 9 does it for NZ games all the time. Roosters v Warriors final was done that way last season. If they have access to the microphone etc. ABC did it twice last year aswell. It's not a new thing

Are you sure 9 did it for all their games? because i remember a story i think it was the roosters game the ray warrern was meant to comment but he didnt because he left his passport had expired so vossy did the warriors one and ray did the broncos one

Are you sure 9 did it for all their games? because i remember a story i think it was the roosters game the ray warrern was meant to comment but he didnt because he left his passport had expired so vossy did the warriors one and ray did the broncos one

thats correct , Voss was at the ground .

IanG

Coach
I found it behind the last night cuz I was watching. I was watching on analogue cuz I was watching in bed cuz I wasn't feeling well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was pretty much spot on with Digital.

Couldn't tell the difference last night either tbh.

I don't have a huge problem with it.

Noa

First Grade
How lucky am I.

Now I got 24hr access to the internet I get to listen to such gold like the big mans got to eat"and all other assorted sh*t on 2gb.

shaggy

Juniors
How lucky am I.

Now I got 24hr access to the internet I get to listen to such gold like the big mans got to eat"and all other assorted sh*t on 2gb.

just listen to abc instead

just go to nrl.com find the game you want to listen to (at the top of the page, follow the links through to listen live and that should take you through to the abc