What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected Squad for Round 1

brooksy19

Bench
What's everyones thoughts on what Shines will do for Round 1.

1. Gallant
2. Ryan
3. Collis
4. Lawrance
5. TnT

6. Morris
7. Marshall

8. Gibbs
9. Farah (c)
10.Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Heignington
13. Halatau

14. Payne
15. Moltzen (To cover for JMo when covering for an unfit Farah)
16. Todd Payten (Untill match fit to start, then replace with Gibbs)
17. Laurie

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Trimarchi went well when given the opportunity the other week- I'd like to see him in the equation somewhere- maybe in place of Halatau / Payne? I dunno about TnT- I'm thinking he has been figured out by the opposition- he really has not done anything for quite a while- his impact has become negated. I'm still happy to reserve opinion on Beau Ryan just yet.

westie

Bench
Trimarchi went well when given the opportunity the other week- I'd like to see him in the equation somewhere- maybe in place of Halatau / Payne? I dunno about TnT- I'm thinking he has been figured out by the opposition- he really has not done anything for quite a while- his impact has become negated. I'm still happy to reserve opinion on Beau Ryan just yet.

Taking your time with Ryan? Well I spose he does too so you guys should get along.

super_coach

First Grade
Brooksy barring injury your team is on the money with the only two possible changes junior burger at no1 and maybe payne with another forward from our squad.

Like other I think TNT's days are numbered as a winger and not convinced he has what it takes to become a forward. Back to our squad if they are all fit, its a solid team but still struggle to see them beating the better teams. The likes of Ellis,Farah,Marshall and Lawerence will have to keep fit and in top form every week because we have next to no quality in our depth.

If it was my team, I would be playing Lewis at six on the back of his kicking game and Gallant would be my no1 and if fit Payne would be on my bench I thought he looked okay at the back end of 2008

brooksy19

Bench
I don't get to see a lot of the Juniors play, so is there any stand out outside backs coming through in Toyota/State Cup ?

westie

Bench
Peni is the only one who could be above average in the near future. And he has to learn how to catch.

Long gone are the days when we had juniors coming out of our arse. Coincidentally they dried up around the time Lamb left and Sheens decided to merge the squads. f**king brilliant idea that.