What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**kin Bailey still at Center......We are gonski

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Thurston will have a field day out there. I hope Kearney has his Weet Bix!!!

I think Raper will leave Bailey there for first 20 and then throw Kelly in(i hope)! By that stage im predicting 4 meat pies by Cowboys!

The Popper

Bench
Coulda made a couple more changes to the backs IMO. Sad to see Scott got the whole blame, a coupla others coulda joined him IMO. Still glad to see Kelly get a go. Glad to see Hutch back on the bench where he has most effect. Bird has gone strongly in PL last I saw. Still, without a dominant playmaker I really can't see us troubling the Cowboys strongly. Perhaps Bailey may have been selected to bear the initial brunt of Bowman and co. and then revert to the forwards. He's a much better proposition in the pack IMO.

Inferno

Coach
Scott didn't really play any worse last game than he has all year, broke the line, ran up too soon in defence and made a few strong hits. if thats the criteria to be dropped he should only ever have played 1 game.

Douglas to start could be a good move, have to wait and see. Of all the 2nd rowers in that side Bailey was the worst and should be dropped. Give Kelly his position, and get rid of Stosic as well.

What happened to Harlen, he had a solid game for us?

Surely

Post Whore
Dont worry about baiely staying in the centres, worry about lukey boy staying on the wing, and kearney at 5/8.

Covell will get murdered by the cowboys backs, and kearney after being smashed by their forwards wont have much left in attack.

warren

Juniors
Inferno said:
Scott didn't really play any worse last game than he has all year, broke the line, ran up too soon in defence and made a few strong hits. if thats the criteria to be dropped he should only ever have played 1 game.

No, we gave him a run in first grade to prove if he's up to it. He played an OK debut, he was given games following I'd assume to see if he could improve on his first game. Like you said, he didnt so now he's gone.
pity the same cant be said about certain others

Jo Ryan

Juniors
I don't remember Hilder giving away any penalities or dropping the ball. Well I suppose thats the way Raper thinks and sees the game. may as well punish the none offenders. Gutless wonder, FFS Covell still in there. As Inferno said Scott shouldn't be dropped on that performance, a little encouragement goes a long way. That's why the Cowboys perform they are given confidence by their Coach.

Inferno

Coach
if he is making the same mistakes week in week out, like rushing up in defence or that niggling sh*t in the ruck then its the responsibility of the coach to correct him. If It was spoken about then he would have been dropped earlier. The fact though it took 6 rounds shows Raper never spoke to him and as a result its his fault.

Sharkie™

Juniors
atleast raper is trying to mix it up a bit, even though it isnt the attempt i wanted he did something...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Can somebody please tell the forum idiots, where scott will be playing?
he came to the Sharks a winger. From their lower grades. His trainer told me.
Better winger than centre. Strong finisher. Not real good ball skills. Not overly quick.

Inferno

Coach
apart from making a few bad defensive decisions that could have easily been corrected by a decent coach I thought he made a pretty good centre.

Needed to learn to pass the ball though. Though once again easiily corrected by a good coach.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Surely said:
Covell will get murdered by the cowboys backs, and kearney after being smashed by their forwards wont have much left in attack.
I think they will both go well. probably be 2 of our best players.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I reckon there's a big chance the run on team will not even closely resemble the team as it has been named.

Some possibilities I see are.

Kelly to centre.

Vagana to 5/8 for defence because as Surely pointed out the Cows run big men at little men to tire them out and open the fringe.

Bailey to second row. On the right. His best spot.

Douglas back to bench

Thompson to prop, playing left field.

Kearney to left centre. Team up with Thommo

Get Kearney, Latu and Dykes all on at once after 25-30 minutes.

Compress the defence and get up on them.

This game makes or breaks Kinga as well. He has no choice but to shore up the ruck from marker.

Jimako

Juniors
Why wouldn't they give Pom a chance in the centres, shift Scott to the wing & Covell in PL. Hilder can kick goals if needed or even simmo, he played soccer for f*cks sack surely he can kick look at El masri similar background.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Jimako said:
Why wouldn't they give Pom a chance in the centres, shift Scott to the wing & Covell in PL. Hilder can kick goals if needed or even simmo, he played soccer for f*cks sack surely he can kick look at El masri similar background.

Because Pommeroy hasn't been going that well. Doesn't look fit.

White Poiner

Coach
Why does everyone cream over Pom?

FFS he has played one game this year.

Its not Johns we are talking about here.

Jimako

Juniors
fair call frenzy, I only saw him in his first game in PL against Newtown, someone on here said he played alright on the weekend slipped a nice ball away 4 a try.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Jimako said:
fair call frenzy, I only saw him in his first game in PL against Newtown, someone on here said he played alright on the weekend slipped a nice ball away 4 a try.

Yes he did do that. In about the last 5 minutes when we were already 1000 points up :lol:

It would of been sacrilege to give him a run ahead of Kelly. Truly. Pom will get his chance.