What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2022

nöyd

Staff member
Season starts this weekend in Bahrain, lets see some predictions.

World Drivers Champion:

Constructors Champion:

Biggest disappointment (driver):

Biggest disappointment (team):

Most improved (driver):

Most improved (team):

Surprise win:

Surprise podium:

Feel free to add anything else...

nöyd

Staff member
World Drivers Champion: Lewis Hamilton

Constructors Champion: Ferrari

Daniel Ricciardo

McLaren

Most improved (driver):
Charles Leclerc

Most improved (team):
Haas

Surprise win:
Lance Stroll

Surprise podium:
Mick Schumacher or Kevin Magnussen

Parra

Referee
Season starts this weekend in Bahrain, lets see some predictions.

World Drivers Champion: Max Verstappen

Constructors Champion: RedBull

Biggest disappointment (driver): Alonso

Biggest disappointment (team): Alpine

Most improved (driver): Yuki Tsunoda

Most improved (team): Haas

Surprise win: Vettel

Surprise podium: Pierre Gasly

Feel free to add anything else...

Parra

Referee
World Drivers Champion: Lewis Hamilton

Constructors Champion: Ferrari

Biggest disappointment (driver): Daniel Ricciardo

Biggest disappointment (team): McLaren

Most improved (driver): Charles Leclerc

Most improved (team): Haas

Surprise win: Lance Stroll

Surprise podium: Mick Schumacher or Kevin Magnussen

I want Mclaren & Ricciardo to do well, concerned that you are right.

nöyd

Staff member
So Seb is out of Bahrain with Hulk coming in to sub. I get the feeling covid is going to run rampant amongst all the drivers, they have been pretty tight-knit in several photoshoots etc. leading into this weekend.

Parra

Referee
So Seb is out of Bahrain with Hulk coming in to sub. I get the feeling covid is going to run rampant amongst all the drivers, they have been pretty tight-knit in several photoshoots etc. leading into this weekend.

Would be interesting if Hulk can drag the thing to a podium or at least good points.

nöyd

Staff member
Would be interesting if Hulk can drag the thing to a podium or at least good points.
Thought the same thing, so-called experts believe he'll have some catching up to do, we'll soon see.

Perth Red

Post Whore
World Drivers Champion: Russel

Constructors Champion: Mercedes

Biggest disappointment (driver): Perez

Biggest disappointment (team): Alpine

Most improved (driver): Yuki

Most improved (team): Haas (can it get any worse? lol)

Surprise win: Riccardo
Surprise podium: Bottas

some11

Referee
Absolute disaster for RB engines.

Hamilton, as always, #blessed.

I think I can get used to Ferrari dominance this year. They're had enough years of failure in between.

Perth Red

Post Whore
hearing Verstappen crying on the radio as his car ground to a halt was like sweet honey trickling in my ears :)

nöyd

Staff member
Great race today and what a battle we have between Red Bull and Ferrari
Yep, keen to get home and watch the replay, even knowing the result. Sounded like a great race.

Oh dear Danny Ric, I didn't enjoy predicting that he would struggle, but it looks like another week coming up of people taking their shots at him...

Parra

Referee
Yep, keen to get home and watch the replay, even knowing the result. Sounded like a great race.

Oh dear Danny Ric, I didn't enjoy predicting that he would struggle, but it looks like another week coming up of people taking their shots at him...

It was a beauty. Knowing the result won't matter. Albert Park in two weeks!

nöyd

Staff member
It was a beauty. Knowing the result won't matter. Albert Park in two weeks!
Albert Park is on the bucket list, that and a night race at Singapore, which I have heard is cheaper to go to than to Melbourne lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
They've created a bit of a problem now with cars being able to follow so closely. Makes for great racing but when you have two DRS zones close to each other like we've seen in first two races it means the lead is easy to take and hold if you ignore first drs and overtake on the second one. Verstappen learnt from Race 1 where it happened and Leclerc took the lead back each time and Verstappen won race 2 doing this.
Might mean some track redesign in the future so as not to have DRA zones following each other so closely

Perth Red

Post Whore
Albert Park is on the bucket list, that and a night race at Singapore, which I have heard is cheaper to go to than to Melbourne lol
Melbourne was good, loads of stuff going on around the rack. Hotles were silly prices though actual tickets were very reasonable.

Yeh I'm off to Singapore at some point to watch it. Prices for a city hotel are even more stupid than Melbourne though lol. Monaco is also on the retirement plan!

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
World Drivers Champion: Max Verstappen (Red Bull) - The best driver on the gride, in a top-2 car. I think the Max Verstappen-era has started.

Constructors Champion: Red Bull.

Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) - I am a fan of any Aussie on the world stage, and I am hopeful for Daniel in 2022, though I cannot see him wrestling momentum away from Lando Norris. For that reason, like 2021, he will be my the biggest disappointment considering the expectations around him when signing for McLaren. I fear a repeat of 2021 from Daniel will see him as close as he has ever been in exiting from the sport and not on his own terms. That would be disappointing. Daniel just needs to find that confidence he once had to turn this thing around. I am hoping his home Grand Prix is just what he needs!

McLaren - Coming late to this thread, I have the benefit of seeing two races, though if those two races are anything to go by, McLaren are going to be the biggest disappointment of 2022.

Most improved (driver):
Estoban Ocon - Again, I have the benefit of seeing the first two races before replying to this thread as a new member, though that duel with Fernando Alonso at the Saudi Arabian GP raised eyebrows (in a good way). With my guy, Oscar Piastri, hopefully partnering Estoban from 2023, the Alpine driver pairing will have a very good, young driver pairing to build around.

Most improved (team):
Haas.

Surprise win:
Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) - why not?

Surprise podium:
Oscar Piastri (I am a unashamed, and biased, Oscar fan) - I would be in some corners in my social circle President of the Oscar Piastri Fan Club, though this aside, I think he makes a cameo at some point and the Alpine is competitive enough - with some luck - for the stars to align and Oscar does something that would be paying 1000/1 at the time of writing!

Latest posts