What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7's Post Season Comp :: Info Thread

Monk

Referee
Greetings all!

So it's that time of year again, with the RLWC going on and the F7's Regular Season over the Post Season Comp is about to kick off, but this season we're doing things a bit differently.

Instead of having teams competing against each other (much like the Regular F7's that we're all used to) this time it will just be an Individual Tournament, where a player can write their own Rugby League Article and submit it under their own name. No need to worry about your team getting all five articles in, you just complete your own article in your own time.

This off season we will be running two competitions. They are as follows:

F7's Open Tournament. - LINK TO SUBMISSIONS THREAD
(submissions open from 30/10/2013 till 11/12/2013 @ 9pm Sydney Time)

A User may submit an original article which adheres to the Regular F7's guidelines (found here). Any user may submit an article, however it must be advised that this is where the experienced writers will place their work.

F7's Freshman Tournament - LINK TO SUBMISSIONS THREAD
(submissions open from 30/10/2013 till 11/12/2013 @ 9pm Sydney Time)

Whether you're a F7's Regular who enjoys having someone edit your work, or someone looking to test the waters this will be the competition for you. While each article must still stick to the F7's Rules (found here) you have the added luxury of being able to have one of the Referee's look over your drafts as you try to improve your article!

The top three articles in each Tournament will receive awards at the Annual F7's Awards night, and as there is no minimum or maximum participation number. Submitting an article is your way of signing up! Articles may be edited all the way up until Full-time. Each user may only place a submission in one of the above Tournaments however.

Remember - you do not have to be an existing Forum 7's player to submit an article. Any user may submit!

While these competitions are both open for submissions now, we're still working on the possibility of having a Short Story competition too. So expect an update about that within the next couple of weeks.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in thread.

Happy Writing!

EDIT :: Short Story competition is on hold for now, hopefully sort something out after the new year.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
750 words is a short story lol

Well then maybe we're going for a "longer" short story competition if that makes sense :lol: (around 1200 words i'd imagine)

A number of people are keen to see it happen, so i'd like to find a way to make it work.

Monk

Referee
I was just going to go with open. I can go from a list of themes if you'd prefer?

- International Rugby League
- The Roaring 90's

etc etc something along those lines.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
nah leave it open, having no parameters might draw in more writers.

I like the idea (keep it to 750 words Monk, I was just stirring lol)

eozsmiles

Bench
Looking forward to the summer comps.

I think it's a great idea to have a 1200-1500 word comp. I'm sure there are some writers in the F7's that have had to edit some tales to make the word count, and others that have a story they'd like an extra 500 odd words to get their point across.

Great idea to have a freshman comp. I would have leapt at the chance for this last year, would be awesome to see some people jump in and have a go this year :)

Monk

Referee
Looking forward to the summer comps.

I think it's a great idea to have a 1200-1500 word comp. I'm sure there are some writers in the F7's that have had to edit some tales to make the word count, and others that have a story they'd like an extra 500 odd words to get their point across.

Great idea to have a freshman comp. I would have leapt at the chance for this last year, would be awesome to see some people jump in and have a go this year :)

Cheers! Will look at hopefully getting the longer article comp up when I have a day off work next week. Will hopefully try to get the word out about the freshman competition too so that it can draw a bit more interest!

eozsmiles

Bench
.....and if anyone is checking out this thread and is a bit nervous about getting involved....jump in!

It is a great community in the F7's, lot's of people that are just interested in the game and also plenty of people that are happy to help and encourage if you're interested in writing about footy.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Bump so newbies can still see the thread from the front page.

Also, if you're curious, just jump in. It's a pretty fun exercise, and despite the scoring it's not competitive in a bad way at all.

Monk

Referee
So many articles to mark, this one may head into the new year.. :sarcasm:

Will start creating the award nomination threads in the upcoming days!

Latest posts