What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Mong

Post Whore
juggalo_strit said:
I read somewhere that in the next round West Ham V Blackburn is a lunchtime kickoff over there so we'll get to witness the might of the rovers once again on our screens

Might of the rovers???

West Ham will wipe the floor with them....

Wish we were playing leeds scum instead though.. Be nice to knock those piece of crap w*ankers out of the cup so they can spend the rest of the season playing lower league sides in lower league divisions where pieces of sh*te like that deserve to be....

Raider Ultra

Bench
brendothejet said:
PLease tell me that is a joke!?!?!?!

Delayed by a year soccer would have to be the dumbest idea ever.
I think he means it would be a good idea to show it live, rather than playing it delayed as they currently do:thumb

juggalo_strit

Juniors
West ham wipe the floor.....
I doubt it.
The game will be a little closer due to the game being at Upton Park, but the might of blue and white will shine through.

Macca_

Coach
Raider Ultra said:
Wigan, how any club can only get 12000 for a cup semi final is beyond me.
Because nobody cares about the League Cup.

For years the 'bigger' clubs have played weak sides, blooding the kids and giving squad players a run.

It's gradually getting to the stage where even the mid table clubs are treating it that way.

brendothejet

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
I think he means it would be a good idea to show it live, rather than playing it delayed as they currently do:thumb

The way he wrote it it seemed a little more serious. hmmm

Raider Ultra

Bench
Macca_ said:
Because nobody cares about the League Cup.

For years the 'bigger' clubs have played weak sides, blooding the kids and giving squad players a run.

It's gradually getting to the stage where even the mid table clubs are treating it that way.

I'm sorry, any team that can't muster over 12000 for ANY semi-final, especially when they are playing so well, deserve absolutely no respect. Shows how much of a small club Wigan are.

BlindMan

Juniors
no even though we're playing them got to agree with Macca here, no-one here in the uk really gives much care about the league cup, its just unimportant, just look at the sides who have won it or got to the final over the past 10 yeras: middlesborough, bolton, blackburn, spurs, birmingham, crappy tranmere, leicester, aston villa, leeds, and occaisonally a big club. so im not suprised the jjb stadium was only half full for the league cup. and also its never been that low for a premiership game.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
brendothejet said:
PLease tell me that is a joke!?!?!?!

Delayed by a year soccer would have to be the dumbest idea ever.
I wasn't joking. However, I failed to fully explain what I was saying. I wasn't suggesting that this should replace what we currently have. Rather, I was meaning to say that it should be in addition to what we have, and on Free To Air TV.

Tell me, what is the fundamental difference between showing a game 2 hours in delay and a year in delay when the interest in it is hardly phenomenal? If you can't tell it is delayed, it shouldn't make any difference. What people get on FTA is very pissy: highlights, and not very many of them.

I watched the game between Hearts and Celtic on SBS last weekend and thought it was ok. The game was good with Celtic coming from a 2 goal deficit to a 1 goal victory - 3-2 in the end. But it lacked more than what it had. What the match meant in the context of the competition can not accurately be depicted by what the host on SBS can say about it.

Obviously, if they showed the Spanish or Italian leagues, it wouldn't be all that good as we would know that Barcelona or Juventus or whoever won the competition that year. However, we probably wouldn't have a clue who won the Polish League or the Austrian League unless we were well tuned into the Champions League and knew that such and such a team won it because their league only gets one Champions League spot. But then, a lot of these teams wouldn't even make it into the Champions League group stage as they have to enter at either the 2nd or 3rd qualifying rounds.

So really, what it all is about is watching football as though it is live, even though it isn't really.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Get ESPN, they show pretty much any soccer under the sun (Bar the Championship). Sharkie, accurate comment re: Croydon, one of southern England's true sh*tholes. A bit sad as when I used to live there it was a top area, oh well...
Cheers Ultra :) However, it isn't quite that simple as I have to move out of home first and that isn't going to happen until I get a full-time job. The olds don't want it, whatsmore, so I'm stuck with highlights and eager anticipation of the World Cup and also the Champions League resuming. Hopefully SBS will show the FA cup final :pray:

Macca_

Coach
BlindMan said:
no even though we're playing them got to agree with Macca here, no-one here in the uk really gives much care about the league cup, its just unimportant, just look at the sides who have won it or got to the final over the past 10 yeras: middlesborough, bolton, blackburn, spurs, birmingham, crappy tranmere, leicester, aston villa, leeds, and occaisonally a big club. so im not suprised the jjb stadium was only half full for the league cup. and also its never been that low for a premiership game.
Exactly. For so long it has been a cup that the mid table teams try to win and the 'bigger' clubs field weak sides.

I been floating that boat :lol: for ages and it's good to here a person in the UK back it up.

The fact they half packed it shows how unimportant the league cup is. They have so many more there for the premiership games.

End of the day, if you get that far (semi) it's still a chance to win something. And even though it's a weakened gunners side I would love to see them turn it round in the 2nd leg and go to the final. But if they don't, it's no great loss and another good run from our kids/reggies.

Raider Ultra

Bench
For a club that has spent nearly its whole existence in the 3rd division, and has no major silverware, you'd think there would be a bit more interest than that. Still, I remember going to a Wigan game when there were 4th in the Championship and there were less than 5000 people there, so maybe it was a big crowd for them.

BlindMan

Juniors
no it wasnt a big crowd for us latics, most home attendances for normal premiership games this season have been 20,000. as i have already said the league cup is unimportant and means nothing in modern british football, no football fans care about it, and most can't remember the last final or who won it, and any uk footy fan who's team wins it and claims its a big trophy to win would get laughed at in uk footy fans

Raider Ultra

Bench
I agree, the League Cup for the most part is irrelevant. However, once a team that has never won anything gets to a semi-final of a competition that counts as a major trophy, you'd expect their 'fans' at least bother to show up for it. Don't f**king lecture me on 'UK' footy fans, I've lived a good part of my life in the UK and have a good idea what I'm talking about. Once Whelan dies and Wigan get relegated, all their fans will piss off back to league and Wigan will again slip into the 3rd division.

BlindMan

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
I agree, the League Cup for the most part is irrelevant. However, once a team that has never won anything gets to a semi-final of a competition that counts as a major trophy, you'd expect their 'fans' at least bother to show up for it. Don't f**king lecture me on 'UK' footy fans, I've lived a good part of my life in the UK and have a good idea what I'm talking about. Once Whelan dies and Wigan get relegated, all their fans will piss off back to league and Wigan will again slip into the 3rd division.

ohh getting a bit hot under the collar, have a slice of lemon.
yet but it's still only the carling cup, when teams like blackburn won it their fans didnt really go on about it.

when whelan dies..., ermm no

BlindMan

Juniors
BlindMan said:
no it wasnt a big crowd for us latics, most home attendances for normal premiership games this season have been 20,000. as i have already said the league cup is unimportant and means nothing in modern british football, no football fans care about it, and most can't remember the last final or who won it, and any uk footy fan who's team wins it and claims its a big trophy to win would get laughed at in uk footy fans

its true

Raider Ultra

Bench
Erm no? If it wasn't for Whelan you'd still be in the 3rd division getting crowds of 2000. Wigan are like Chelsea to an extent. The difference being Chelsea had some pedigree, identity and fans previously, where Wigan had none.

BlindMan

Juniors
yeh, but erm no, if u look at our transfers in, none of them have been expensive especially compared to other teams like sunderland and west brom and west ham, where we probablyhave spent half of what they have spent on transfers and again our wage budget is halve of what theres is. so again as always your points or invalid and stupid like you

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yes, that's why in recent times you have signed Chimbonda, Henchoz, Camara, Johansson, Kavanagh, De Zeeuw, Francis, Connoly and Josip Skoko. Face it, without Whelan and JJB you'd still be a nothing club in the 3rd division. You still are a nothing club, averaged only 11 000 in the season you got promoted :D

BlindMan

Juniors
as always you are wrong, if u look at the prices spent on the new players, you will see it is hardly anytihng to our rivals. we are still a nothing club, hmm yeh and we're not only 6th in the best league in the world. stick to a sport u might actually be able to understand like likcing ur own ass