What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA Cup

Jimbo

Immortal
Rather bizarre decision. The rules are pretty straightforward

16 VALIDITY OF PLAYERS’ QUALIFICATIONS

(b) Subject to (c) below, where an ineligible player plays for a club in a Competition match, the Professional Game Board shall remove the club from the Competition, and may impose further penalties against the club.

(c) However, where the club satisfies the Professional Game Board that the club (or any of its officers) did not know and could not reasonably have known, even had it made every reasonable enquiry (with the exercise of the utmost caution), that the player was ineligible, the club shall not be removed from the Competition but may still be subject to any other penalty. (e.g. fine, ordered to replay the match).

Given that it was the Pikeys themselves who told Senagal that Sakho was injured, I'm not sure how (c) could apply

Bristol should appeal

Jimbo

Immortal
They do have form in this department though. After what they did to Sheffield United should we really be surprised?

That episode only cost them a few million in compensation as well

They should have been docked points and relegated

Big Sam

First Grade
West Ham said his back was too sore to fly with yet stuck him in a car to be driven to and from Bristol. I'm sure Senegal would have paid for him to be in plane seats that fully recline if they knew he could travel in a car.

No guarantees Bristol would have won the replay so I'd just omit West Ham and give West Brom a bye to the quarters.

Mong

Post Whore
Your posts are irrelevant.

It's West Ham v West Brom

Better luck next time.

Mong

Post Whore
Come on haffa, let's stick to only ruining threads no one cares about with that kind of shite I.e the Chelsea thread.

You can have the last word on that if you like.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
West Ham said his back was too sore to fly with yet stuck him in a car to be driven to and from Bristol. I'm sure Senegal would have paid for him to be in plane seats that fully recline if they knew he could travel in a car.

No guarantees Bristol would have won the replay so I'd just omit West Ham and give West Brom a bye to the quarters.

Couldn't fly, could play though.

They are just annoyed they didn't get to examine him themselves.

Anyway, appears it's done and dusted now.

Bring on West Brom!!