What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fakir still with UTC

DIEHARD

----
Wont be long, we are just setting up here...

gallows.jpg

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Matt M said:
Tidus_Raider said:
c_eagle said:
Perpignan

That's heaps better. What part of France is this club situated in? And will the home games be played in France?

Its in the south, where rugby league is the biggest. Of course home games will be played in France, why would they play them elsewhere?

Why do we play NZ V Aus in GB. I was just asking. Anyway's it will mean that clubs will have to fork out for travel expenses to fly to France every week.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
That's what I thought but i'm not sure. If that is the deal then GB should play France in England to even out the deal.

screeny

Bench
inertia666 said:
DIEHARD said:
I have no idea why NRL or ESL clubs haven't moved and signed him to a short term contract.

If we lose him, it will rip the heart out of every internationalist here...

2006 can't come soon enough!

If you lose him it will certainly be the fault of RL. Personally, I hope he does whatever sets him up financially well during his career unless he has a great job and can continue RL part time.

A sportsmans career lasts 13 years tops (injury permitting) and if he can't make money in france he is as well going to Union (if that's what he wants).

Let's hope someone can do the right thing by him.

If a cashed up union club operating without any sort of salary cap comes along and makes Fakir an offer he can't refuse and that UTC cannot even think about matching how is that RL's fault he got away?

screeny

Bench
No, I'm telling you that a French RL club, even one involved with the heightened finances of SL, cannot compete with cash rich French RU clubs operating with no salary cap.

That's a well known fact. The same way Aussie RL or RU outfits can't compete with French RU clubs should they come a-calling.

t-ba

Post Whore
inertia666 said:
:lol: you're telling me RL as a professional entity can't afford to buy good players.

It can't afford to match the money trumped up by wealthy club owners.

One of the wealthiest clubs in the French Game, Stade Francais, Draws about 2000 to a match FFS...

Latest posts