What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan Day

Who is going to this. I am thinking of catching up on some much needed study during the bye weekend, however I am easily disuaded from studying!

Jeffles

Bench
I'll be there to give the Jets a bit of support during that touch football game. We'll be a bit outnumbered so I think it will be good to get behind the boys.

2 True Blues

Coach
I can remember going to a Newtown jets fan days back in the late seventies with my parents. The team was a lot different back then of coarse and we were in first grade. We had a BBQ luncheon at one of the dams, think it might have been waragamba ( however its spelt ). Still rememeber it being a great family day with a great family atmosphere, (still remember it even though it was so long ago). The players had their wives and kids with them etc, and we played touch footy. Was a great day in the memory banks.

Jeffles

Bench
I gott here late but it looked to be a great day. Newtown were denied victory in the touch football when the Roosters scored a late equaliser.

Good to see a lot of old Jets players there.

bluebagger

Juniors
Just wondering what the line up was for the touch footy game ? I was there but watched from a distance as had to keep an eye on my little bloke. I noticed Sigsworth, Baumgart, Danes, Fleming. Who was the blonde guy is he the same guy who sits on the bench getting messages from the coach ?
As a side light noticed recently the passing of Rick Chisholm former Manly half back who had a season with Newtown.

Jeffles

Bench
I've got the list.

Phil Sigsworth (Captain-Coach)
Peter Baumgart
Paul Danes
Scott Fleming
Tony Catton
Jason Evans
Chris Williams
Ben Gardiner
Dave Howlett
Simon Parsons
Ben Cook
Jim Pizanias

Brad Westaway and Duane Roberts were both late withdrawals.

Westy probably dropped out when they told him you can't chip and chase in touch.

On an unrelated topic, I ran into Brett Taper up here in Shanghai a while back. Any Jets coming to SH should let me know they're on their way - I'll show you round this crazy old town (and I DO mean crazy).

bluebag43

Juniors
DT-1,

When you saw sh*tty Taper over there in China is he still with P&O?

Apart from that, are you going to come over and join us on the Hill sometime this season?