What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans want expansîon to perth and brisbane

Canard

Immortal
Im not saying Wellington is a viable expansion city, at the moment, but we should clarify that its population is 400K, not less than 300K.

As for not moving to a city because its one-eyed AFL only, that CITY IS MELBOURNE!!! What the Storm have achieved here in a very small time is remarkable. I have no doubt a similarly run team could do the same in Adelaide (a city of over 1M), but for the moment Brisbane 2 and Perth are for me the best areas for future expansion. With CC doable if a Sydney team is looking to relocate.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Mate save your breath.
I just finished trying to explain why Melbourne and Auckalnd are better options and got belted down by the great dane, only for him to say he is not against these two cities.

Mate his trying to explain to us that Wellington, a city of let's say 300 thousand is abetter option than a city of 2 million Auckland,, ? and our heartland.

And he is trying to sell us Adelaide that is one-eyed towards AFL, and it would take us 50 faking years to even get the average crowd to 10 thousand. He thinks that is good economics,
He wants us to plonk teams in places where we have to win support over 30 faking years, compared to where we can create instant derbies.
He also tried to say derbies dont build fans or tv viewers or crowds.

The guy is the Hellrider, i am convinced, he is here just to cause hell for anyone who has a better plan than his dopey ideas.

You know why they dont like common sense on this site, ? because they have never seen it before, it scares them.

Just imagine this scenario , imagine if the a-league or even the afl or union, beat Brisbane to a second team.

That is how dopey not having two teams in your heartland.
As each year rolls by, and as the AFL derbies in every city get bigger and bigger, Eddie Mcguire laughs his faking tits off because rugby league has only got one city that can perform a proper city derby.
And that one city has that many to a point that nobody gives a shite.
As Great Dane pointed out nicely.
He showed how Sydney derbies suck, their are two many teams, two many derbies, people got bored.
That is another issue, for another time.

Firstly, I'm trying to "sell" you a club that is based in Wellington yet represents and would plays multiple games every season in Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch as well as maybe playing bye yearly games in Napier-Hastings, Tauranga and Dunedin.

I'm suggesting a club that would represent everything south of Auckland!

A club that represents everywhere from Waikato all the way down to Otago and Southland at the very bottom of the South Island, and a population of just over 3 million people!

A club that would play on the natural rivalry in NZ between Auckland and everywhere else, in other words if done properly it would create the ultimate "derby" that is possible in NZ.

I would have it that if you're a RL fan in NZ you're either a Warrior from Auckland or a (insert name here) not from Auckland, at least until other cities in NZ are able to support their own clubs and/or Auckland is able to support it's second that is.

That is my idea, not a club from Wellington but a club that is truly from all NZ outside of Auckland!

Secondly, I have suggested Adelaide as a convenient stopgap in expansion until Melbourne and Auckland are ready for second clubs!

After Perth, Brisbane 2 and Wellington/NZ are all in the competition we will need another club to keep the amount of clubs in the competition even until Auckland and Melbourne are ready to support their second clubs in 20-30 years time.
Why not make that club Adelaide, it's a new market to RL, despite what you say it could be prepared to support a club within a decade and it is the wealthiest market that will be left at our disposal during that time period unless something drastically unexpected happens!

Thirdly, I'm happy to see that you have conveniently ignored my examples of derbies that don't work (which included examples from the AFL, so maybe Eddie isn't sitting as comfortably as you make out!) , but if you ever do get around to explaining to us why they don't work (even though we already know the answer is a lack of rivalry between the two clubs), I'll just provide you a much larger and more refined list that isn't explained by your reasoning, as the list of derbies that don't work is never ending.

Finally, I actually don't mind being named after a Judas Priest song, Hellrider is a good song and it would make a fine name. I'd prefer Electric Eye or Breaking the law though.

pHyR3

Juniors
Firstly, I'm trying to "sell" you a club that is based in Wellington yet represents and would plays multiple games every season in Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch as well as maybe playing bye yearly games in Napier-Hastings, Tauranga and Dunedin.

I'm suggesting a club that would represent everything south of Auckland!

A club that represents everywhere from Waikato all the way down to Otago and Southland at the very bottom of the South Island, and a population of just over 3 million people!

A club that would play on the natural rivalry in NZ between Auckland and everywhere else, in other words if done properly it would create the ultimate "derby" that is possible in NZ.

I would have it that if you're a RL fan in NZ you're either a Warrior from Auckland or a (insert name here) not from Auckland, at least until other cities in NZ are able to support their own clubs and/or Auckland is able to support it's second that is.

That is my idea, not a club from Wellington but a club that is truly from all NZ outside of Auckland!

Secondly, I have suggested Adelaide as a convenient stopgap in expansion until Melbourne and Auckland are ready for second clubs!

After Perth, Brisbane 2 and Wellington/NZ are all in the competition we will need another club to keep the amount of clubs in the competition even until Auckland and Melbourne are ready to support their second clubs in 20-30 years time.
Why not make that club Adelaide, it's a new market to RL, despite what you say it could be prepared to support a club within a decade and it is the wealthiest market that will be left at our disposal during that time period unless something drastically unexpected happens!

Thirdly, I'm happy to see that you have conveniently ignored my examples of derbies that don't work (which included examples from the AFL, so maybe Eddie isn't sitting as comfortably as you make out!) , but if you ever do get around to explaining to us why they don't work (even though we already know the answer is a lack of rivalry between the two clubs), I'll just provide you a much larger and more refined list that isn't explained by your reasoning, as the list of derbies that don't work is never ending.

Finally, I actually don't mind being named after a Judas Priest song, Hellrider is a good song and it would make a fine name. I'd prefer Electric Eye or Breaking the law though.

just ignore the troll, oikee has become the new bunniesman.

speaking of, whatever happened to him? havent seen him in a while