What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy NBA Competition : Take Two

El Coconuto

Bench
Ok folks, same deal as last time. I'll need everyone to re-state their interest in joining this competition in here. The draft order will be worked out soon after the completion of the Olympics.

Cheers all.

El Coconuto

Bench
Here is the list I have from the deletion thread. Add your name to it if you aren't on there and want to participate. Thanks.

Ok, so here's who we have so far:

- El Coconuto
- Half
- Dig
- Genius Freak
- Mighty Tiger
- pug306
- thewizard101
- edabomb
- Goldthorpe
- weasel
- Canadian Steve
- Morenito
- Jontallica
- Special K
- somethingwithjohn
- Connell
- CanadianSteve
- douglasallen

I'll explain how all this works soon after our draft order is done. I know I'm missing some more people from last time so apologies for that guys but yeah there was nothing we could do about it... :?

El Coconuto

Bench
This competition is similar to other fantasy leagues, but the main difference in this one, is that only one team can have any one player at a time. There are other fantasy competitions that will allow teams to pick the same players and eventually people just start copying each others teams and it ends up gay. Once a player in this league is selected on draft night however that's it. That player is a member of the team that selected him throughout the season, and can't be used by anyone else (unles traded to another team).

Like every other competition, this one runs off statistics. Points, field goals, steal etc etc all that jazz will all be accumulated, so it helps to choose well rounded players on draft night.

Draft night is the most important night of the competition. Seasons are won and lost on this night. Just like the real draft we will do a lottery and then teams will draft a player according to the needs and desires of his/her team. This is usually preset by Australian-users as live drafts are run at a ridiculous hour of the morning in US time.

Are the majority still with me here?

McLovin

Staff member
Can i join up?? i have a huge interest in the NBA and the Mavs. I played in the Yahoo fantasy league for the 03/04 season and won the public competition my team was sompeting in. How do i go about joining your draft??

Jonotallica

Juniors
Sounds good El Coconuto..

Connell just state your interest like you already have, and you should be in with no probs. :) You'll have to wait for El Coco's word but I think there are plenty of slots left.

El Coconuto

Bench
Plenty of room Connell. In fact, I'll set the deadline for people to get involved in this for Friday, 3rd September 9:00pm. That's a good whole week for people to get in. We can have anything up to thirty teams (similar to the NBA) so it shouldn't be a problem accomodating this forum.

Once that deadline expires, I'll re-write everyones name on a piece of paper again, throw it into a hat and re-draw the draft order. Cool?

I'll continue to update the above list as people continue to sign up. Cheers ya'll!

El Coconuto

Bench
Oh, and at the moment Connell Yahoo's Fantasy Competition isn't up yet, but I'll spread the word in here once it is up again, and people can start signing up and working on their draft orders. Cheers.

So is the draft done with everyone online at the same time? That may not work for me, depending on the time of day.

If so, no worries, I'll stay out of it. But if I can make the draft, I'll do it.

El Coconuto

Bench
Nah Steve, we won't be able to do it like that anyways. So here's what happens:

- People will prioritise who they would like to add to their team in order from first selection to last selection. Once you sign up, Yahoo will automatically set your team to a default order based on last seasons statistics.

- If your top priority choice has already been chosen by another team, it will select your next highest priority still available on the board.

- This process will continue each round until teams have filled up all 15 (I think it's that many I'll double check) roster places allocated.

- The players who arent drafted to a team will be sent to the free agency market for teams to sign when the trading window is open.

Does that make it a little clearer of how it works for everyone?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Mate no probs with me can't wait :twisted:

Do you know roughly when the draft will take place or when we can sign up ?????

El Coconuto

Bench
Ok, the deadline is over and the Live Draft Order is about to get underway. The order will be work more methidically then names out of a hat this time. Here's how it is going to work:

- Each player will be assigned a number according to their alphabetical order.

- Numbers will then be drawn out of a rotating barrell and the person who's number is pulled last (ie the only one left in the barrell), will receive the first overall draft pick. In other words this is like the last one where the first name/number drawn gets the last pick and vice versa, just like the proper draft.

Here are the numbers everyone has been allocated (assigned as per alphabetical order):

1. Canadian Steve
2. Connell
3. Dig
4. douglasallen91
5. edabomb
6. El Coconuto
7. Genius Freak
8. Goldthorpe
9. Half
10. Jontallica
11. Mighty Tiger
12. Morenito
13. pug306
14. RHYTM AND STEALTH
15. somethingwithjohn
16. Special K
17. weasel
18. thewizard101

I'll be back soon with the live draft order. Cheers all.

PS: Great stuff guys, that's a great response to the competition and twelve more teams then we had last year! Well dones!

El Coconuto

Bench
I'm writing these as I draw them out of the barrell ya'll. How's that for a live draft!

Here we go, the order is as follows (remember, the later your number is drawn the better):

The first five (picks 18-14) are: 13 - 2 - 14 - 9 - 17

The second five (picks 13-9) are: 12 - 4 - 18 - 10 - 7

The next five (picks 8-4) are: 15 - 3 - 11 - 8 - 16

The number 3 overall pick goes to: 5

The number 2 overall pick goes to: 6

The number 1 overall pick goes to: 1

Check your numbers to see where you landed yourselves guys and congradts to Canadian Steve on landing the number one overall pick. I'll post the list soon...(after dunner) :p

Latest posts