What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy NBA Competition : Take Two

pug306

Juniors
I need some big men for my bench,
I'll look at trades in the next few days,
but other than that I'm happy with the team i got,
but got no idea how I will fair once the season kicks off.

Morenito

Juniors
Im looking for a decent pint guard
Not really a big name jst someone minor for one of my minors

Jonotallica

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
You can probably see by my lack of knowledge about this fantasy game stuff, that I'm ripe to be taken advantage of. But I trust you. What good is a big man like Mutombo if he's going to play few minutes behind Yao, and only put up a few rebounds and blocks per game? Is there some advantage built into the game jusy in having another big man on your roster?
I'm new at this too so someone else plz correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I can work out, all of your players (including utilities) except the bench players are starters except the BN bench positions. So there nightly stats count towards your rank. You are ranked in every category since El Coconuto set it up that way, so the key is balance. There is no point dominating scoring and rebounding, if you don't have assists and steals. And vice versa.

The reason why Mutumbo might come in handy is because firstly he is going to get more mins then my second C as it is (imo). And if Yao gets injured for whatever reason his minutes will increase for a few weeks, so it might be worth bringing him in to the starters off the bench depending on how he plays at that time. Your lucky in that both your C's are starters, I don't have that luxury so Mutumbo is still an improvement over White.

Basically the stats only count from your starters so bench players aren't important. But if your best PG gets injured and you only have a scrub to cover for him, it could hurt your ranking and you could fall a few spots while he is out injured. So it's handy to have some depth there.

McLovin

Staff member
ok Guys it seems most of you need a point guard. I am willing to give away Baron Davis and/or Gary Payton in a trade for a top 5 player and a mid ranked player...

Remembering Baron Davis was in MVP contention for most of last season... and GP will get more minutes and points this season with the celtics...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PG J. Kidd (NJ - PG)
SG M. Ginobili (SA - SG)
SG J. McInnis (Cle - SG)
G S. Nash (Pho - PG)
SF A. Harrington (Atl - SF)
PF V. Radmanovic (Sea - PF)
F L. Jackson (Cle - F)
C S. O'Neal (Mia - C)
C R. Araujo (Tor - C)
Util D. Armstrong (NO - PG)
Util A. Foyle (GS - C)
BN S. Claxton (GS - PG)
BN T. Delk (Atl - G)
BN A. McKie (Phi - GF)
BN B. Outlaw (Mem - PF)

I haven't checked this thing for a long time. Can someone post a link? I assume Vince's resurgence since going to the Nets must have helped my poor early results.

Connell said:
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2075

Whoever Douglasallen91 is, congratulations...

thanks!

nice for the kiwi to kick some ass.

three comps entered and won all three.

haha one where i entered after i kicked their ass in gridiron yahoo league are spewing. kick their ass in two of three games that supposely theirs. and that from not even watching one game.

5th. Oh well.

Overview: League Unlimited Association
Season Standings View Complete Standings
Rank Team Points PtsChange Waiver Moves
1 douglasallen91 151.5 -0.5 13 8
2 Connells Crusaders 144 +0.5 7 11
3 half n pals 142.5 +1 14 45
4 Beantown 142 -0.5 8 5
5 Steve's Stars 126 +1 3 -
6 MoReNiTo 125 0 11 14
7 Digs_Regime 120 +0.5 12 11
8 edabomb Cameramen 111.5 -1.5 5 2