What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

Moffo

Referee
Should be kept in this thread. Above all, it makes it easy for Mario to come into one thread and answer all the questions at once without having to click into 100 different threads

I hope that everyone can follow this for our beloved Mario :D

I think everyone would be better off for the effort!

Thanks,
Moffo

Moffo

Referee
ill let em stand, just as long as future threads move into here :D

If someone wanted to compose a FAQ based on everything they know about the game then id be eternally grateful. In fact, id probably show some love (brotherly of course if its a guy) :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Aussiehurrikane

Juniors
got some questions, dunno if they've been answered or not

1. with the fixtures in season mode is it a copy of the 2003 nrl draw or is it automatacily generated?

2. When you sub a player, can you swap positions over or does that player has to play in the position of the player he replaced?

3. What is the maximum amount of teams you can have in a season?

thanks.

Mario

Juniors
1. with the fixtures in season mode is it a copy of the 2003 nrl draw or is it automatacily generated?

Fixtures for 2003 are the same. Fixtures for custom NRL competitions are randomised.

2. When you sub a player, can you swap positions over or does that player has to play in the position of the player he replaced?

I believe you can swap positions at the same time. Not enitrely sure - never tried it.

3. What is the maximum amount of teams you can have in a season?

That just shows that sony are scared microsoft are about to take the lead in OZ...they didn't have a problem advertising Game cube in AFL because Gamecube is no real threat to them :roll:

Mario

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
That just shows that sony are scared microsoft are about to take the lead in OZ...they didn't have a problem advertising Game cube in AFL because Gamecube is no real threat to them :roll:

Neither Sony nor Microsoft allow competitor platforms to be featured within a title. If GameCube was featured in the PS2 version of AFL then I would suggest this slipped through Sony QA.

As for the international teams, only Australia, NZ, and GB will feature but you could always create the others.

Master Vitaly

Juniors
Will there be a prima strategy guide made for the game? Or one of those Ultimate Cheat discs made for it? Not that I'm a cheat or nothing.. ;-)

Mario

Juniors
There is unlikely to be a formal strategy guide, but you never know.

I'm sure there is a lot that can be gained by contiuing to participate in forums such as these after the game has been released. Presumably people will discuss their exploits and findings with regards to gameplay.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can you run a season with mulitple human controlled teams in it?

Can you alter the number of rounds the season is played over?

Paullyboy

Coach
Is there a way of importing and exporting teams into the game. IE., if someone on these forums makes a great created team, could they post it up on the net and we could all just dowload it and play as that created team like in the madden series?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
One last question regarding chip kicks, will this type of kick use the 'Matrix' style slow down for better precission or will it be executed during normal play like the kicks in Rugby 2001?
I want to know this too

I found that there just wasn't enough time to plan the kick and in real life the kick is an important element.

miccle

Bench
Will there be many cheats you can use for the game. For example, in world cup 98 you can play on the moon with all the players running around as aliens. Will there be any element like this in the match?

JoeD

First Grade
Will you be able to save part way through a game or only once a game has finished? Also, how much space on a PS2 memory card does stuff like created players/teams and season take up? Do you recommend dedicating to these types of things?

Not meaning to be nitpicky but those questions (in this thread) that you haven't answered is because you don't have time, or you don't know the answer, or you don't want to release that info yet. (i'm talking in particular about questions asked by paully boy and dogs of war)

Mario

Juniors
JoeD said:
Will you be able to save part way through a game or only once a game has finished?

Only at the end of a game, back in the main menu. Standard practise for a sports game.

JoeD said:
Also, how much space on a PS2 memory card does stuff like created players/teams and season take up?

Don't know. Not much.

JoeD said:
Do you recommend dedicating to these types of things?

I don't understand that question.

JoeD said:
Not meaning to be nitpicky but those questions (in this thread) that you haven't answered is because you don't have time, or you don't know the answer, or you don't want to release that info yet. (i'm talking in particular about questions asked by paully boy and dogs of war)

I am answering questions across half a dozen forums regularly, in the chat room and via email. You'll have to excuse me if some slip through the gaps. I do have to work on the game too after all.