What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A 'Dog in '08, apparently.

:crazy:

Source: Big League R25

mattyg

Bench
awesome! he is my favourite tigers player, and he would add heaps to our team. Ay Timmah, wouldn't our good old friend "Ink" be p*ssed if we signed Farah? :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs 08 perhaps...?:

O'Meley Farah Mason
__Williams Ryan__
___Maitua___

C.P

Juniors
Im willing to trade Corey and Perry for him :D
There was talk of this move happening when he was last off contract a season or 2 ago, and he ended up staying with the Tiges so it should be interesting to see if moves this time.

les amber

Juniors
he grew up down the road from belmore & attended every game.. o meley leaving for roosters whould get the cash required for Farah

Timmah

Staff member
He has said that he'll give the Tigpies last right of reply but he's very keen to join the blue & whites.

'Dogs set to collar Farah

Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah looks certain to head to the Bulldogs after the final year of his contract with the 2005 premiers expires next year. With the anti-tampering deadline set to be officially scrapped in the near future, players will be free to negotiate with other teams whenever they want.

But according to sources within the club, Farah has already become a high priority for the Belmore-based club for season 2008 and beyond. And Farah is an unashamed fan. Admitting he was looking to secure his future in the coming weeks, Farah told Big League the Bulldogs was a club he would heavily consider.

"The Bulldogs have one of the best packs in the competition and Sonny Bill and Willie Mason are tied there long term so obviously I'd love to play with them," Farah told Big League. "If they are seriously interested, I'd think about it but I'd ensure the Tigers had last right of reply whenever I looked at a deal."

The City Origin hooker is hoping to have his future sorted out sooner rather than later and with the Tigers' season finishing up after Round 26, the time is right for him to finalise his future. "Whenever there is interest you owe it to yourself to consider it," the 22-year-old said.

"With the anti-tampering deadline gone, every player needs to look after their future the best they can, and now you can do that earlier on. "Whatever my future holds I can get it over and done with this off-season. Whether I'm moving on or staying, I can get it out of the way and then concentrate on playing through the season." That's a positive to come out of the anti-tampering change."

But the Tigers have warned other clubs to stay away from their star rake, claiming anyone who approaches Farah would still be in breach of the anti-tampering laws. "You can tell any other club that until the anti-tampering deadline is officially scrapped, Robbie is off limits until June 30 next year, so they better watch their backsides," Tigers recruitment manager Warren McDonnell said. "We are obviously very keen to keep him and will be sitting down with him as soon as possible to come up with an extension on his current deal."

If Farah does choose to leave, the Tigers are blessed with two up-and-coming number nines who could fill the breach. "The club has some great juniors coming through including hookers like Stuart Flanagan and Isaac De Gois, so if I stay they might be disappointed but if I move on they could easily become regular first graders," Farah offers.
Source - Big League

By Benjamin Everill

jimmythehand

Juniors
the way o'meley has been playing the last few games, i'd trade him, perry and corey for farah.

What's the go with him diving into the tackle all the time!? His never going to break tackles or get offloads with the style he's been using.

>zuzu<

Juniors
He would be asking for id say around the 200 mark. I wouldnt pay more then 175 though. Not for his first contract newaiz.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
>zuzu< said:
He would be asking for id say around the 200 mark. I wouldnt pay more then 175 though. Not for his first contract newaiz.

Youve got to be joking dont you?
We are talking about probably the most valuable hooker in the NRL (More talent than smith, too many years on buderus...head and heals above the rest).

If you wouldnt pay more than $175 000 then you truely are an idiot. $200 000, I dont think would persuade him, he will be offered in access of $300 000 I have no doubts from someone.

Wobbygong

First Grade
With O'Meley keen to leave the Dogs and join the Roosters that should free up some cash in the cap.

Latest posts