What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell 2009

Sugar

Bench
Deadset awful.
Disgusting.
Painful.
Embarassing.

Kick happy halves who jag a few tries but also bomb plenty by not feeding the backs.
Run the fuggin Sandow/Sutton
Reverted to one up rucks late in the tackle count in the opposition 20.
No vision
Soft pack with the exception of Pettybourne.
Defenders who dont move up and watch players run by them.
Kicks hitting the Wingers and fullback on the full and no chasers.
No repeat sets

No finals for us again this year and away games to NQ,Melbourne and Newcastle coming up we are in for a long stretch and will slide down with the chooks on the table.

I couldnt find 1 positive tonight.

Farewell 2009 it was a great start in round 1 but it also ended then.

Sometimes i hate being a Souths fan and tonight is the night.
I am really starting to doubt JT's ability as we keep offering up the same sh*t from last year.

African Monkey

First Grade
Where the f**k was our go forward tonght ? We had no platform to play from with slow play the balls, passes going behind the players throughout the match, one up rucks as sugar said and our forwards playing like a pack of fairies again.

Tonight's 2nd half performance was friggin painful to watch and not 1 player can hold their head high after that sh*t they gave us today.

condochook

Juniors
Where the f**k was our go forward tonght ?
on the sidelines riding bikes.too fkn funny,Jason Taylor a coach.
Thats like calling a draughthorse a thoroughbred racehorse.

themacemaceman

Juniors
That was the flogging we deserved. We have been playing like crap for a month now. Time to wield the axe JT. Get some fresh blood in there. We are deadset pretenders. We have beaten (correct me if Im wrong) 1 current top 8 team who gave us a real scare when they were badly depleted (knights)and have been beaten by 4 teams out who are out of the 8. What happens when we play the contenders like the Knights,Dragons,Broncos,Storm,Bulldogs. Our performance tonight was as bad as Laurie Daley's commentary. He is a deadset moron. Worst commentator in the game. And our performance was only marginally better than Laurie's nose and haircut thats how bad we are.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
we need some young aggressive forward to partner Roy and Eddie , Luke and crocker when he is back.

Shannon/Stuart/Kidwell /Lowes/ David F are boring and we cannot to have all in the team at same time.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
That was the flogging we deserved. We have been playing like crap for a month now. Time to wield the axe JT. Get some fresh blood in there. We are deadset pretenders. We have beaten (correct me if Im wrong) 1 current top 8 team who gave us a real scare when they were badly depleted (knights)and have been beaten by 4 teams out who are out of the 8. What happens when we play the contenders like the Knights,Dragons,Broncos,Storm,Bulldogs. Our performance tonight was as bad as Laurie Daley's commentary. He is a deadset moron. Worst commentator in the game. And our performance was only marginally better than Laurie's nose and haircut thats how bad we are.

good point. i'd like to complain about the refferees. but their crap tonight didnt lose it for us. it was lack of backbone, leadership and a game plan. backbone comes down to the forward pack. absolutely toothless (expect petty and stuart... and i guess kidwell for 30 mins). leadership comes down to roy, who seems to be a shadow of the hard running, offloading ball playing prop he was when he first came here.

gameplan comes down to taylor. and all year it has been a problem. even against the roosters. that game we just did the same old thing and the roosters werent up to it. they are jokes but.

taylor is a very slow learner. he still doesnt get our interchange right. he has some players out of position, and his gameplan for the team has no imagination or creativity. he has to answer to this, and not say "things are ok" or "there is a really good feel around the team". thats crap and i dont want to hear it. he has to take accountability for this team and make changed. that is the only way he will regain the fans respect, and more importantly the players respect

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Deadset awful.
Disgusting.
Painful.
Embarassing.

Kick happy halves who jag a few tries but also bomb plenty by not feeding the backs.
Run the fuggin Sandow/Sutton
Reverted to one up rucks late in the tackle count in the opposition 20.
No vision
Soft pack with the exception of Pettybourne.
Defenders who dont move up and watch players run by them.
Kicks hitting the Wingers and fullback on the full and no chasers.
No repeat sets

No finals for us again this year and away games to NQ,Melbourne and Newcastle coming up we are in for a long stretch and will slide down with the chooks on the table.

I couldnt find 1 positive tonight.

Farewell 2009 it was a great start in round 1 but it also ended then.

Sometimes i hate being a Souths fan and tonight is the night.
I am really starting to doubt JT's ability as we keep offering up the same sh*t from last year.

I was disgusted with the game last night. This was a game we should have won. Simply we lost this game in the forwards. That has been 2 weeks in a row where the forwards were terrible. Also our ball distrabution from dummy half is the worst in the league.

In the first half apart from the first 10 we were the better side and looked dangerous everytime we went out to the right hand side. Then to come out in the 2nd half and play like that is a joke. The Raiders play the ball was very slow and they still managed to walk all over us.

If our forwards can't do what they are meant to then our halves won't have a chance. Last night Sutton had 4 try assists. Two of them from kicks and 2 from passes. Imagine what he would have done with more opportunities.

Back in 2007 we came up against the Raiders in a game we should have won. We lost. After that everyone said the season was over. We all know what happened that year. To say the season is over is very premature. Yet as we have been playing the last few weeks it doesn't look good. Hopefully with Crocker and Wing back and maybe a few changes it might be a kick in the @rse that the forwards need.

For me the biggest disapointment has been Asotasi. I think the time has come for him to put up his hand and lose the captaincy. Give it to a guy like Crocker that is not scared to talk. I know he has only played 2 games for us but he is a well respected player. You just have to listen to what they have all been saying about him during the last week.

One thing that it seems with this team is that we are to impatient. It seems as though we have to score with every set. We have to go back to grinding out a win. When it comes to the 5th tackle option get the ball in the ingoals and make them work it out.

Down 16-14 we recieved a penalty within kicking distance. That would have seen us at 16 all. Tails would have been up. I said at the time we should have gone fr the 2 and was disappointed when we didn't. I know hindsight is a good thing but we should have gone for the 2. I have noticed that the Dragons do this all the time. The Broncos did it all the time under Bennett as well. Instead we went for the try, didn't score. Gave away a penalty and then they scored to lead by 8. To me that was where the game was lost.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Down 16-14 we recieved a penalty within kicking distance. That would have seen us at 16 all. Tails would have been up. I said at the time we should have gone fr the 2 and was disappointed when we didn't. I know hindsight is a good thing but we should have gone for the 2. I have noticed that the Dragons do this all the time. The Broncos did it all the time under Bennett as well. Instead we went for the try, didn't score. Gave away a penalty and then they scored to lead by 8. To me that was where the game was lost.
But remember Bennett can coach Taylor has proved beyond doubt after last night he Can't!

Mr Saab

Referee

In the last few yrs maybe, but before that Brisbane would go for the try 9/10 times when Brisbane had Langer running the team.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
But remember Bennett can coach Taylor has proved beyond doubt after last night he Can't!

I will say this. I have seen many times where Taylor has wanted to go for the goal only for the players on the field go for the try. I have also seen this happen with other coaches and teams. I don't know if I can put this down to Taylor or the player making the decision on the field.

I asked the question to a couple of guys and recieved 2 different answers. Can we win a premiership with Taylor as coach? I don't believe we can. I would loved to be proved wrong though.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors

100% agree - a terrible decision!

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
Horrible horrible horrible. Starting to really kill me watching these matches.

What's wrong with us? It's gotta be related to JT.

Like everyone has said our interchange strategy is a joke and the playbook is mind numbing.

Also why can't we play with any real heart until we're three tries down?!?!?

f**k

Paul Hewson

Juniors
This one out sh*t has to stop.
It was terrible wasn't it. What made it even worse was when we were 14 down and we continued to do it. It was as though they were waiting for something to happen. That was the biggest difference between the 2 sides. The Raiders made things happen where we waited for them to happen.

mohses

Juniors
i feel whils we tackled with some aggression , at no time did our forwards meet them at the vantage line , 2 steps foward stop wait was the defence plan, this allowed very good metres for the halves to work with , secondly our kicking game was attrocious, we really needed to have the big fella`s running bak 40-50 metres a set , but ball was kick straight to opposition , who ran 20-30 metres.

Bodsy

Juniors
It's round 13 now and no matter what happens this week we'll still be 9th.

Chill it out.

We will improve

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths look a good value bet for the wooden spoon right now at 50-1. The next month looks very tough and if Sharks, Roosters and Parra can each win 1 or 2 games in the next month then Souths could sink down to be a spoon contender

Cowboys this week is an interesting game as Cowboys look to be underrated. Souths will be doing well to stay close to the Cowboys at the final siren. Sorry to say it but Cowboys 13+ looks a good bet too

Ike E Bear

Juniors
It all comes down to Thurston. He's in deadly form right now. And I don't think Origin will have done much to tire him out.

Bunnies are traditionally very good against the Cowboys, though.

Hopefully it will be a good game.