What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Petro

RABK

Referee
An absolute legend of the game who at his peak was head and shoulders above as the best prop in the game.

One of my favourites ever since O'Meley, on the back of his amazing Origin 2 game, took the opening hit up of Origin 3 2001 and ran at a million miles an hour straight at Petro who dropped O'Meley like a sack of spuds with a heavy shoulder. I thought it must be akin to running into a brick shithouse.

I think Cameron Smith, on behalf of QLD, really showed how much Petro has meant for this QLD side as their core pillar in his speech after the game.

Whilst i think all can agree their has been obvious decline in his game over the last 18 months and his last 2 origins were poor - he really stood up and did himself proud tonight and got a deserved finish. His longetivity matched with quality in the front row is amazing.

Petro is often mentioned by New South Welshman as their one and only 'favourite' QLD'r and it's for good and obvious reason.

Congratulations Petro on what is an all time Origin side worthy Career.

MacDougall

First Grade
Agreed although maybe a little premature. His club team are right up there this year lol. He could pull off the Terry Lamb miracle.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Yep great player but an even better man. Surprised being a front rower he didnt get involved in more blues but then again he is Fijian and they have heads as hard as rocks and can throw em.

Always hear the old Broncos players like Gordie and Dell talking about how his old man was bigger than him as well:lol:

chigurh

I think the legend of Petero will only grow as time goes on.

To be 36 years old and still performing as well as he is - in the front row in Origin no less - is something special.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Well done Bulla, thanks for the memories. I still remember talking to a former roosters player who said tackling Civ was like running into a power pole.

League_God

Juniors
As NSW supporter I'm glad QLD won it for Petero. He is a true champion and legend of the game. One of, if not the best prop i've ever seen play.

Congratulations on a brilliant career champion.

grandorient

Bench
An absolute legend of the game who at his peak was head and shoulders above as the best prop in the game.

One of my favourites ever since O'Meley, on the back of his amazing Origin 2 game, took the opening hit up of Origin 3 2001 and ran at a million miles an hour straight at Petro who dropped O'Meley like a sack of spuds with a heavy shoulder. I thought it must be akin to running into a brick shithouse.

I think Cameron Smith, on behalf of QLD, really showed how much Petro has meant for this QLD side as their core pillar in his speech after the game.

Whilst i think all can agree their has been obvious decline in his game over the last 18 months and his last 2 origins were poor - he really stood up and did himself proud tonight and got a deserved finish. His longetivity matched with quality in the front row is amazing.

Petro is often mentioned by New South Welshman as their one and only 'favourite' QLD'r and it's for good and obvious reason.

Congratulations Petro on what is an all time Origin side worthy Career.

And a bloody gentleman to boot.

GO

Hutty1986

Immortal
What a legend. So consistent over such a long period & a real gentleman off the field. Well done Petero, you champion.

langpark

First Grade
I haven't looked into it, but wasn't he also the very last player that is older than Origin itself?...

Latest posts