What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Shane Flanagan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was absolutely disgusted at the inept performance by our boys today who for some reason or another didn't seem interested to compete with the opposition, who were only made to look good because of our piss poor effort. If I had to give anyone a M.O.M it would of been Daniel "Bubsy" Irvine who at the very least tried hard and tackled all day, ofcouse he will not be with us next year.

Ran into Shane Flanagan after the game. who agreed with my assesment and was extremely dissapointed at the commitment of the guys today. He did say alot of them were playing injured and a whole heap of them were leaving the club and had their mind elsewhere [ probably the Royal oak]. Shane also revealed he will be leaving us after years of coaching prems and will be headed for greener pastures. I didn't ask where but I have an inklink he may accept an assistant coach's role at Souths [correct me if I'm wrong]

I don't know who'll take over from Flano but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't JT. But if anyone knows let us know.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sounds like things are just going swell at Parra :roll:

Every man and his dog is leaving the place it seems. Doesn't sound too good for the future.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think their focusing more on youth rather than experiance for next year. The players who have left from the PL side were mainly part time first graders in the mid to late 20's guys like Andrew Meads, Chad Halliday, Kylie Leualie, Willie Leyshan, Anthony Boyd, Adam Wheeler etc...

eelavation said:
I think their focusing more on youth rather than experiance for next year.

True eelavation.
Might not be such a bad thing either if we all cast our minds not too far back to the years of the Baby Eels.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I heard to about the Souths rumor.....good pickup for them as i believe he's done a great job coaching our Premier League side.

I say he will be assistant coach to Langmack.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Each year he get a relatively new team, and each year he gets them to the finals... That's a sign of a pretty good coach.

Not a bad move to Souths, if Langmack does not produce, he may end up with a frist grade gig by the end of the year.

Good luck to him.

Misty Bee

First Grade
El Duque said:

Every man and his dog is leaving the place it seems. Doesn't sound too good for the future.

Yeah, it isn't the vibrant [place of a few years back. How many times did the (then) resperves put bis scores no in big games? I can remember a very young Luke Burt cutting loose in an awesome run in a GF v Canterbury.

Of course the other way to look at it (and the way Iprefer to look as an optiomist) is a cleanout of 'dead wood'. Not meaning getting rid of duds, but freshening up the place with new faces, and opportunities provided.

We'll certainly now this time next year!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
El Duque said:

Yeah, it isn't the vibrant [place of a few years back. How many times did the (then) resperves put bis scores no in big games? I can remember a very young Luke Burt cutting loose in an awesome run in a GF v Canterbury.

Of course the other way to look at it (and the way Iprefer to look as an optiomist) is a cleanout of 'dead wood'. Not meaning getting rid of duds, but freshening up the place with new faces, and opportunities provided.

We'll certainly now this time next year!

David Solomona
Pat Richards
Jason Moodie (even though retiring)
Shane Dunley
Steve Witt
Daniel Heckenberg

I don't know Misty if these names are Dead Wood....i honestly think it's good to have clean outs but not clean outs with these sort of names attached to them.

We seem to have clean outs every year....unfortunately they seem to be the wrong names where hoping that are going.

Latest posts