What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell Uate

Still Nutty

Juniors
He's got some humility about him, something sadly missing from Korbin on Saturday. Glad Aku is back to enjoying his footy again.

The funny thing about all this too is the fact that, if he had the blue and red on in his last game against us, his try would have definitely been disallowed?!

Like everybody here, happy and glad that he's had a new lease of life, is enjoying his footy and his career hasn't been bookended by the form and demise he had at the back end of his time with us....I'm actually sure he would still get a rousing cheer anytime he runs out on McDonald Jones Stadium, regardless of who's jersey he was wearing.

And as for that merkin Korbin, my only joy is knowing that he will still have zero premiership rings at the completion of his league career and my lasting memory of him will remain of that 'King' hit at the start of the game on the weekend

jonno_knights

Juniors
Paul Kent just stated Aku wasn't getting paid last year, and as a result was skipping training in protest.

A few questions..

1. Were the payments 3rd party deals from the Tinkler days that have fallen through? Which would explain why the club had no responsibility to pay them out.

2. Or did the club have cash flow problems even under the ownership of the NRL?

I dont recall hearing this story last year, but found Kents comments interesting if it was the NRL withholding player payments?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Is this the same Paul Kent that claimed Fifita blew up at Daley about being benched for Origin 3 only to be contradicted a day later in his own newspaper?

Seage

Juniors
Paul Kent just stated Aku wasn't getting paid last year, and as a result was skipping training in protest.
If that's true, he did remarkably well to not say anything while he was getting publicly slammed by all and sundry for being lazy and inept.

That's an incredible lack of ego and I guess somewhat admirable - again, if kent's remarks are to be believed.

jonno_knights

Juniors
If that's true, he did remarkably well to not say anything while he was getting publicly slammed by all and sundry for being lazy and inept.

That's an incredible lack of ego and I guess somewhat admirable - again, if kent's remarks are to be believed.
It just seemed a weird passing comment to make from a journo who loves sticking the boot in.

He said it "the biggest unreported story at the time" surrounding the Knights/Uate saga.

Hard to imagine they wouldn't have reported it though, as it would have sold plenty of papers, especially if it was the NRL not even tipping enough cash into the club to pay its players.

That combined with the fact they didn't allow us to spend the full cap for 2 years to pay our debts back.

What I'd give to know the full story of their take over post Tinkler, cause there have been numerous things that have sounded dodgy a.f. from their end.

mozza91

Coach
There was pay issues back in 2014 maybe that's what Kent is referring too? Or maybe he's making it up like he has numerous times in the past?

Spot On

Coach
As I've said many times before, you take TPAs, be prepared to lose out.

Unless you have access to a leagues club and 300K in cash.

Spot On

Coach
Some classic Aku tonight. Did the work to get to the grubber which was a great read but fails to put it down for the try, then gets a kick on the ground that he can't pick up and knocks on. 2 huge plays at the end of that game.

mozza91

Coach
He's always had those errors in his game even when he was the best winger in the game. Unfortunate for him tonight but he had an excellent year and I'm happy for him.

Latest posts