What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrell - "Aussies are soft" / What is up with the

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/4013867.stm

Good response from Andy Farrell to the ridiculous amount of moaning people like Carr (Who the feck is that man anyway???) and Bennett have been doing following the record defeat to GB.

The attitude towards international rugby league shown by the Roos on the tour over here has been an absolute disgrace. We haven't had any positive stories to read or hear about, the only thing we ever get is "Australia slam ref decision", "Australia slam pitch", "Australia bemoan on report cheap shots" and the classic "Australia say no to Tri-Nations". Rugby League has a hard enough job getting the column inches over here with both the written and spoken media rallying behind their sport (Union) at this time of year.

Just what is wrong with the mighty Roos? We normally have a dignified, sporting bunch of truly amazing people who fans pay for the privildge of watching. This year we have had nothing but a bunch of whinging tarts and old farts with a truly bitter slant on just about every issue. The figure heads of this appear to be Carr (Seemingly against everything), Bennett (Everything his way or not at all) and dimwits like Fitzgibbon and Tonga representing the players. Where are the true gents like Fittler and Anderson???

Are the Roos just bored of rugby league ( :shock: ) or are we seeing a new side to them because they are scared???

Ollee

Juniors
Mate I'm a queenslander but Wayne Bennett would have something to winge about if the bloke won lotto. Its a continuing thing during an NRL season, I've been sick of it for a long long time.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Win one game and the poms think they arew good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never once said we were 'good'.

I am just interested and worried about the behaviour of the Roos on tour this time around. It's normally a very professionally run organisation with a great atttitude.

This years tourists are acting like they are victims all the time, over such tiny and meaningless things that previous tourists would have ignored. The list of moans that have been in the press over here is truly massive:

1 - Size of pitch in New Zealand (Despite it being perfectly legal)
2 - 'Farcical' tri nations quote from Bennett (Over dominant tackles)
3 - Ref is a farce, like picking county players (Over Black, despite him being a perfectly acceptable ref and also giving the tournament credibility by being neutral)
4 - Prague is 'boring' - Rather be in Penriff :oops:
5 - Roos will never be another tournament where they don't rule the roost (Carr over Black AGAIN after being outvoted 2 to 1 by nations with common sense)
6 - We have issues with Black (Bennett's response to record defeat to GB)
7 - I did nothing, bigger boys should be done! (Fitzgibbon saying Sculthorpe elbowed him then started punching him despite video evidence to the contrary)
8 - We were innocent, all I saw was GB players taking cheap shots (Willie 'Turnstile' Tonga after seeing no wrong with any Roos player in the mini brawl at Wigan
9 - Carr's statement that Roos are unlikely to play in next years Tri Nations because of 'burn out' (Farrell put this tantrum in its place by saying Aussie 's are soft!)

No hint of praise for NZ, GB or the tournament, which is the best international tournament Rugby League has seen in decades.

:roll:

"9 - Carr's statement that Roos are unlikely to play in next years Tri Nations because of 'burn out' (Farrell put this tantrum in its place by saying Aussie 's are soft!) "

I actually agree with that somewhat...it makes for a long year when the players have started basically the previous November with pre season, played a full season plus rep games, then another 6 games inj a tri series...every two years fair enough, but each year and I reckon it will greatly shorten players careers...

Farrell should know better than to say that though...the last thing GB should be doing is giving an Australian side any further motivation coming into a final...

Broncodroid

Juniors
I ask Andy 'my head is not out of shape!' Farrell to enlighted the Rugby League world on how many times in his career that he has been part of a team that has beaten the soft Aussies ?

If that is asking too much, I bring the question closer to the present, how many times since 2000 has GB/ENG beaten the soft Aussies ?

Hell, let's make it easier Andy, how many times since 2003 have you beaten the soft Aussies ?

You lost 3-0 to the 'soft' Aussies in 2003, played 2 games this season winning 1 in your last start against a Lockyer-less team...1 from 5 and you feel you can label a team soft ? Damn, with Lockyer their as captain, you are 0 from 4.

Keep your mouth shut, and start labelling us IF you manage to come within kooee of us in the final.

Dakink

Bench
I personally hope the Poms go really close but lose in he last seconds in a heartbreaker yet again!! Good to see the gap is narrowing though - More interest if the games are closer. Hehehe. :evil:

Humphrey

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Win one game and the poms think they arew good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to agree with you mate

Im also sick of you guys that slam the players for things their administrators come up with.

Get over it :roll:

Jeffles

Bench
Farrell is having his best Lions series ever. He is setting the bar higher by pissing the Aussies off. At least he's getting publicity too. I have no problem with this as long as he can back it up on the field. So far, he has.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
f**k me. Roger Ramjet Farrell has one good test match against the Aussies in 10 years and suddenly has the gall to call us soft............Yeah right! Tri-nations final score "soft" Aussies 28 "even softer poms" 10

RB30DETT

Juniors
I say let him call them soft.

Infact, put a photo of him and the words "Aussies are soft" in the locker room before the game.

~bedsy~

First Grade
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Farrell should know better than to say that though...the last thing GB should be doing is giving an Australian side any further motivation coming into a final...
I agree.

Fairleigh Good! said:
"Australia say no to Tri-Nations".
They have been for it this year. Wayne Bennett has been a srtong believer in it forever.

disco1

Juniors
I have to agree with Fairleigh, for years the Kangaroo touring party has been full of sportsmanship and a joy to watch even though they keep on beating us :cry: However, this year its just been a hell of a lot of moaning going on. Shame really...

carlnz

Bench
Rigth from the start the Roos have been moaning...then again so have the Poms about their loss and Blacks referee....the Kiwis havent complained much...if any...but hey you cant complain when your losing to the top two teams in the world...

screeny

Bench
You lot spectacularly miss the point. It's not a question of winning or losing it's a question of whining. FG is right......name one positive press release/news report issued by or concerning the Australian team. There isn't one.

Carr and Love constnatly moan, threaten and complain ("we will never be part of another tournament where we're out-voted" being the worst in my opinion - so much for democracy).

We've not heard anyone talk up the tournament and the players just bitch too.

bomberman

Juniors
I agree completely with Farrell's comments, this tournament has been sensational and It will an absolute disgrace if it isnt played again because the Aussies are sooking over a long season.

Nookster

Juniors
I think what Farrell is trying to say is that if players from GB can play these matches then why cant the Aussies.

As an example, any player who does the double in the UK (GF and Challenge Cup) and is picked for international duty has the possibillity of playing 28 Superleague rounds, GF play offs, 5 Challenge Cup rounds, internationals and WCC. Add to the the Origin if thats done again and you could get to over 40 games.

Just a thought.

What you have to remember is that fans over here look forward to seeing players that they admire comming over and playing in these type of games. Previous tourists never moaned as much they just got on with it. If the GB players can do it why cant the Aussies? Farrell's got a point.

~bedsy~

First Grade
We wouldn't mind them coming over here either.
You keep going on about Carr and Love, but not about the ones that matter and that's the players.
Alot of them have been looking forward to this tournament.

gregstar

Referee
it will be interesting if the tournament is held in australia - why are the lions so damn crap out here!

Latest posts