What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest Men in League

royce10

Juniors
Before watching the Bulldogs/Warriors game yesterday I thought Ben Barba was up there with the fastest players in the NRL. But after seeing Kevin Locke chase him down fairly easily, he'd be lucky to make the top 5. I remember last year he chased down Jennings easily also.

Whats amazing though, is that Shaun Johnson is considered the fastest at the Warriors. Hope we get to see a lot more foot races this season, especially involving Locke.

Big_nick

Juniors
Whats amazing though, is that Shaun Johnson is considered the fastest at the Warriors. Hope we get to see a lot more foot races this season, especially involving Locke.

I love seeing a speedster finding some space in a game..

Where has it been said Johnson is fastest at the warriors? I cant imagine he would get near fish and locke.

Its always hard to tell who is fastest in a game where fatigue and other factors are coming into play.. i just like to sit back and enjoy it.

Once Mead and Gordon are fully fit again for the tits they will have the fastest, yet least utilised backline in the comp.

Grapple

Bench
Locke is extremely quick off the mark. I remember Josh (or it might've been Brett?) Morris easily chasing down Jennings a year or two ago at Penrith from a turnover... Came from nowhere and caught him easy. Even the commentators couldn't believe it at the time.

The Fish is easily the fastest at the Warriors, Locke and Johnson are quick but the fish is something else, scored 6 tries in nsw on the weekend, so he can play as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we has the fastest in the comp actually.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Some players like barba are quick off the mark but lose pace after 30-40m

Hard to imagine anyone running uate down over any distance

Danish

Referee
Josh Morris is surprisingly quick.

I recall in the first half when Maloney sliced through, Barba had issues catching him and looked like Maloney would make it to the line untouched till Morris came flying up behind the pair of them and took both to gound. Maloney still scored but Morris certainly made up a lot of ground on them very quickly.

Personally I would think Locke, Hayne, Uate and the Morris boys would be up there as fastest in the league.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Before watching the Bulldogs/Warriors game yesterday I thought Ben Barba was up there with the fastest players in the NRL. But after seeing Kevin Locke chase him down fairly easily, he'd be lucky to make the top 5. I remember last year he chased down Jennings easily also.

Unless you have a bunch of players racing each other on an even field it's hard to say.

Last week Steve Turner chased down Brett Morris but that doesn't mean much.

We all know what Sattler did in the Grand Final too...

Doga

Juniors
Ben Barba is not the fastest in the NRL but if you watch the foot race you'll see that Kevin Locke had him covered from the start.

First pic you see Locke in the bottom part of the screen partly covered by the score and Barba about to pick up the Ball.

Second pic you see the start that Locke has on Barba.

I would say that they are about the same in speed, maybe Barba just shades him.

To beat Locke from there you would have to be Usain Bolt

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-19 at 2.27.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-03-19 at 2.27.40 PM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-19 at 2.28.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-03-19 at 2.28.44 PM.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 26

royce10

Juniors
I love seeing a speedster finding some space in a game..

Where has it been said Johnson is fastest at the warriors? I cant imagine he would get near fish and locke.

Its always hard to tell who is fastest in a game where fatigue and other factors are coming into play.. i just like to sit back and enjoy it.

Once Mead and Gordon are fully fit again for the tits they will have the fastest, yet least utilised backline in the comp.

It was Andrews Johns who says it during the game against Manly. Since he does work with the Warriors, I figured there may be some truth to it.

yobbo84

Coach
James Roberts would easily be in the Top 5. He is lightning (well was before he was injured - we'll see).

Doga

Juniors
Josh Morris is surprisingly quick.

I recall in the first half when Maloney sliced through, Barba had issues catching him and looked like Maloney would make it to the line untouched till Morris came flying up behind the pair of them and took both to gound. Maloney still scored but Morris certainly made up a lot of ground on them very quickly.

Personally I would think Locke, Hayne, Uate and the Morris boys would be up there as fastest in the league.

That was Ben Barba laziness. He was next to him for 20m and didn't bother to attempt a tackle. Baffled me when I saw it.

newman

First Grade
It's tough to tell because who ever has the ball is always going to be slower than whoever running after him.

And Barba would have burned everything he had to just beat that first tackle and get through the line, whereas Locke could control the pace of his run much easier as he had a little bit of time to "design" his run. It was great to see though, and a great game. As a neutral supporter that was the best game Ive seen in a while.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Uate has never been run down in open space with the ball in hand and he doesn't even need to get out of 3rd gear most the time to burn the chasers.

Latest posts