What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fat Burners/Shredders

Utey

Coach
I've lost and maintained a loss of about 11kg (through diet and gym) for around 12 months, now at 71kg.

Now I'm in the process of hitting the gym hard with some different circuit training to get some size and to cut back the last bit of puppy fat.

Has anyone used the fat burners/shredders in conjunction with a good diet and continued gym sessions? I just can't seem to drop those last few kilos and whilst I can see some definition, I'm keen to supplement my training with something to speed up the process.

Looking at something like this:

http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/muscletech-hydroxycut-hardcore-pro-series

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Mate all those thermogenics are is huge amounts of caffeine mixed with some
Random herbs that do nothing. Eat clean and exercise

GuardDog

Juniors
ephedra alkaloid products go well,ECA stack,the problem is getting it through customs when importing it

dogslife

Coach
I got given a bottle of those oxyelite tabs before they were banned. Can't say I noticed a difference, they worked well to supress my appetite which has been somewhat problematic in the past. But not worth the money imo

Ram Man

Juniors
Just finished a cycle of Muscle-Pharm Shred matrix.

Basically as stated above, loaded with caffine and some herbs, although I did drop around 7 kilos while taking them, I had lost around 11kgs without using shred matrix prior to staring it.

I had to drink a ridiculous amount of water, couldnt drink coffee at all, but the appetite suppressent did work, but my theory was that I was drinking around 6lts of water a day, and had no room for food so wasnt hungry!

Have finished my course and probably wont go back to it, I do however take 2-3 Triandrobol tabs before I play footy on the weekend so is now the only suppliment I take at present...nothing beats good clean healthy eating and a solid exercise regime with plenty of cardio!

Utey

Coach
Loads of reviews online, the PhenomV1 has a massive following, but seemingly is discontinued? I believe it was banned here too.

Looks like HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a better means of losing those last couple of kilos rather than longer periods of cardio.

Still keen to try something though...

drago brelli

Bench
Spoke to Danky and the Gazelle last week. They're both goin' good and are lookin' to sue everyone. Danky gave me some good tips on how to lose weight. I am into my third week now of no food and only water. I'm struggling a bit and my sight is starting to go but I am sure Danky really knows what he's doin'. I've got my private health up graded so I am covered there. See youse all later.

Frailty

First Grade
Fat Burners/Shredders are as big of money wasters as the 'natural/legal testosterone boosters'.

Concentrate on your diet if you want to do it legally.

Danky is all about making people look better. My neighbour is 79 and looks 19 thanks to Danky. He can bench 140kg 10 times

Utey

Coach
Ended up going with the Swisse L-Carnitine, will give it a go anyhow.

What does everyone know about USPLabs OxyElite Pro?

drago brelli

Bench
What does anyone know about these different array of protein powders? Does anyone really know what is in these drinks? No professional athlete should touch these powders.

aqua_duck

Coach
What does anyone know about these different array of protein powders? Does anyone really know what is in these drinks? No professional athlete should touch these powders.

Athletes are given what to take, they don't go to shops and buy off the shelf. A mate of mine played NYC a few years ago and they were given a list of supplements to take (all BSC brand as they were they official supplier to the club).

drago brelli

Bench
Athletes are given what to take, they don't go to shops and buy off the shelf. A mate of mine played NYC a few years ago and they were given a list of supplements to take (all BSC brand as they were they official supplier to the club).
Aqua, if you get the chance google the latest article written by Roy Masters on the subject of drugs in sport. It is titled 'Drug education starts in the school yard'. According to Masters the head of ASADA warned athletes off any of these protein powders.

aqua_duck

Coach
What they're referring to aren't protein powders, they're mostly preworkout formulas or fat strippers that are loaded with many ingredients. If I had to guess I'd say 98% of footballers from 1st grade down to NYC level take some sort of supplements.

Frailty

First Grade
Any supplement the media automatically labels 'protein powders'.

Protein powders are actually the best supplement on the market because the ingredients are clearly labelled and very rarely hide behind 'proprietary blend'.

It's fat burners and pre-workouts that tend to contain questionable substances. Like jack3d had DMAA which was on the WADA list (it is now a illegal substance in Australia).

Utey

Coach
Oxyelite Pro, wow. Cutting hard and as a pre workout drink works wonders!

Oxyelite Pro, wow. Cutting hard and as a pre workout drink works wonders!

You recommend this stuff? I'm getting married in November and will be cutting in the lead up. If this stuff assists then I'll probably pick some up as I've heard it's good at helping to knock off those final few kgs.