What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faumuina doesn't want to play in Tri Nations

AuckMel

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
btw, the "C" team stuff is based on the fact that invariably this is what we get. However, I want to clarify that I do not agree with the defeatist attitude expressed by AuckMel.

Its not a defeatist attitude, its the attitude of a realist.

The Kiwis will go close at home, but they'll be well beaten in Australia.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
AuckMel said:
Its not a defeatist attitude, its the attitude of a realist.

The Kiwis will go close at home, but they'll be well beaten in Australia.

I disagree. It's realistic to make the predictions you have, because that's what history suggests will happen. However, it's defeatist to give up, which is what you seemed to be suggesting a few posts back.

imo a realist would realise, first and foremost, that a full strength NZ
side would compete with Australia at the moment. With that potential it strikes me as absurd to give up.

AuckMel

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
I disagree. It's realistic to make the predictions you have, because that's what history suggests will happen. However, it's defeatist to give up, which is what you seemed to be suggesting a few posts back.

imo a realist would realise, first and foremost, that a full strength NZ
side would compete with Australia at the moment. With that potential it strikes me as absurd to give up.

I have no doubt whatsoever that, a full strength Kiwi team would be competitive against the Aussies. I think I even said that earlier.

I've only given up on the Aussies ever agreeing on a level playing field.

It didn't surprise me at all that, David Gallop sided with the clubs in refusing to have the same rule which applies to Aussies pulling out of test matches being applied to Kiwi players as well.

The question is, why the two different sets of rules for players playing in the same comp? It reeks of hypocrisy and double standards.

Level playing field!

What the heck do you think Australia should be doing for you.

Your looking to the CEO of a club competition to make a ruling on international football!

AuckMel

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Level playing field!

What the heck do you think Australia should be doing for you.

Just play by the same rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

nospam49™ said:
Your looking to the CEO of a club competition to make a ruling on international football!

It's not my fault that, the clubs run the game and David Gallop speaks on their behalf. It was their decision to have one rule for Australia and another for New Zealand.

Their decision to have a doctor make a call on a player fitness as opposed to.....a doctor.

Australia are losing players as are GB. Its life....get used to it.

AuckMel

Bench
Tell you what, you let your doc rule your guys out, and we'll let our doc rule our guys out.

Fair enough?

AuckMel

Bench
Is there any other code in the world where the opposition rule out their opponents?

Didn't think so.

No wonder we can't sort out the eligibility criteria.

NRL clubs are not the opposition.

If it wasnt for NRL clubs (Warriors included!) New Zealand would be selecting weekenders in their Test side.

AuckMel

Bench
nospam49™ said:
NRL clubs are not the opposition.

Who needs enimies with friends like these.

nospam49™ said:
If it wasnt for NRL clubs (Warriors included!) New Zealand would be selecting weekenders in their Test side.

Umm, in case you hadn't noticed, being involved in the NRL has done diddly squat for New Zealand.

Bring back the weekenders. At least in those days we didn't have to go begging to let them play.

Yes Mel . Those days guys playing for Otahuhu , Mt Albert , Richmond etc came close or use to beat the Kangaroo's .
Now is just a joke .

AuckMel

Bench
Polynesian Warrior said:
Yes Mel . Those days guys playing for Otahuhu , Mt Albert , Richmond etc came close or use to beat the Kangaroo's .
Now is just a joke .

Sure is.

For all the talk of how being involved in the NRL/ARL was going to be a great boost for the game in NZ, our results (against Australia) haven't improved one bit.

I agree.

Pick players that want to play.....not the ones that feel they can pick and choose when to play and dare suggest its a great "Honour" to them.